Plasti-dipped Weekend...

IkoGG.jpg

i thought about doing this, how long did it take? and wouldnt u have to redo it when ur getting ur tire changed? wont the machinery end up tearing it?

I'm sure a tire machine would damage the coating. You'd just peel it off and respray, but you're talking about that after you've completely worn out your oem tires.

i thought about doing this, how long did it take? and wouldnt u have to redo it when ur getting ur tire changed? wont the machinery end up tearing it?
It took about 12 hours I'd guess. If you are able to remove all 4 wheels at the same time, I'd say your looking about about 4. Of course, it takes about 4 hours to dry as well. As for tire changing, I'm sure Webby is correct. You would have to re-do them or touch them up. I'm thinking this might be the same situation once exposed to winter weather. The jury is still out on that though...

actually there have been reports from users who ran plastidip all winter without any issues in snow etc.

actually there have been reports from users who ran plastidip all winter without any issues in snow etc.
I hope you're right. Of course, if we have another non-winter this year, it won't be much of an issue.

i was really thinking about doing this but i dunno, powder coating would be better as far as how long itll last?

powder coating would be something way more permanent. You wouldn't be redoing things after swapping replacement tires on or whatever. Powder would also cost substantially more.

Back