please help me with speakers , im clueless

hotsauce61488

I have a 200 $ gift certificate from bestbuy i need to use .. i want upgraded speakers for my 2012 civic si .. can someone post a link from the site on which ones are good .. dont need nothing crazy .. i plan on hooking up my amp and 12 inch sony xplod woofer to my car and would like better speakers .. i am going to be installing a sony xnv 600BT dvd/navi/face unit

i have no idea about audio .. please point me in the right direction, i want better speakers that can handle more power, but dont need to blow the windows off the neighbors with it lol

This brings up an interesting topic. I'm interested to know because despite our Si's having "9 speakers", a "subwoofer" and "360 watts" or whatever, the sound quality is still underwhelming. Sure it's loud and gets the job done, but doesn't sound anywhere near how a decent quality "premium" sound system should.

I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade to install some 3-way or 4-way speakers in place of the OEM ones...

Has anyone swapped/upgraded just the speakers in their Si?

i said the same thing .. i dont need nothing crazy, i just want a nice bump with my sub .. hopefully with the sony face unit installed, i get a tad more power out the speakers which will in return make it a decent set up

the interior speakers only do mid and high freqency audio ...you have to buy a component setup for the front because the tweeters are seperate from the speakers and 2ways for the back and factory sub just lower so it dosent blow up lol
just be warned that this is not an easy 123 thing ok you almost have to take apart about 3/4 of your interior panels to do this job so b4 you start any project ask is it all worth it because once your in you gotta finish it lol
which means the car will be out of comission for a bit too

Last edited:
And if you need actual proof the squig man can give you the proof you need on how this project is NOT a walk in the park lol
and we know what we"re doing too lol !

Last edited:
the interior speakers only do mid and high freqency audio ...you have to buy a component setup for the front because the tweeters are seperate from the speakers and 2ways for the back and factory sub just lower so it dosent blow up lol
just be warned that this is not an easy 123 thing ok you almost have to take apart about 3/4 of your interior panels to do this job so b4 you start any project ask is it all worth it because once your in you gotta finish it lol
which means the car will be out of comission for a bit too
:ohshit:

And if you need actual proof the squig man can give you the proof you need on how this project is NOT a walk in the park lol
and we know what we"re doing too lol !

My car is still in pieces...

dont get me wrong we're not here to rain on your parade its your car and your gonna do what you want but just know that on the 9th gens you change somthing its gonna cause a chain reaction so be ready lol changing the radio out will cause the controls on the sterring wheel to be lost unless you get the module for it..
so if your gonna do after market interior speakers you might as well get another amp 4 channel and connect it to those so you get the best out of them .

just letting you know what you will be getting yourself into lol

it will sound the same if you just change the speakers to better after markets yeah the quality is alil better but the speakers will still dish out only what the factory amp is giving just like the old speakers so in reality your still not gonna get full potential with the after markets UNLESS they get connect to a seperate more powerful amp then you will see the huge difference it makes.

Last edited:
its gonna cause a chain reaction

This is exactly what happened to me. I figured I only wanted to tear it apart once. I was originally only going to swap out the rear speakers and head unit...

They will sound worse with the factory amp,factory amp was made for the factory speakers.if you want to do it do it all,I tried stages,I'm finally where I won't to be,the install of just speakers is a heavy project.i paid someone who really is an expert and it was worth it,in vibrations,everything works flawlessly and the install is real clean.save up some cash and do it all,you will save yourself a lot of dis appointment.

I actually work for best buy (installer) and the best setup for the civics is either alpine type Rs or Polk audio or even Kicker. As of right now- with $200- alpine type S would be in that price for two sets. Good luck!

Back