Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

survival of the fittest. Death is part of the natural cycle of life. :rockwoot:

Robert got a larger breeder net and now he's on the Severum's side.

IMG_20121115_173309_zps8ee22c0f.jpg

37galreeftank.jpg

37 gal tall reef tank.

Currently has 2 clowns, a blue tang, a flame angel, a royal dottyback, a cleaner and fire shrimp. Hooray.

I got woken up this morning by robert yelling, "CHRISTINA!!! PROBLEM!!!!"
My first reply was "Who is dead?" :pat:

I ran downstairs and apparently the suction cups failed on the breeder net overnight and the 4" severum was chasing the baby convict around the tank like crazy.
Fixed the net. Caught the severum and put him in the breeder net. As soon as I did that the convict came out and took over...caught him..dumped the severum out and threw the convict back into the breeder net >_< lmao

I got woken up this morning by robert yelling, "CHRISTINA!!! PROBLEM!!!!"
My first reply was "Who is dead?" :pat:

I ran downstairs and apparently the suction cups failed on the breeder net overnight and the 4" severum was chasing the baby convict around the tank like crazy.
Fixed the net. Caught the severum and put him in the breeder net. As soon as I did that the convict came out and took over...caught him..dumped the severum out and threw the convict back into the breeder net >_< lmao

Hey check these out, I have been using them for just over a year now and they work wonders for separating smaller fish.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3urMf6L66Y&feature=g-upl

Yeah...the severum kept stalking him on the bottom of the net and nipping at him..so i put a small amount of crushed coral in a corner so that the convict had a safe spot.

I guess i'll order one of these now and it should be here Monday...and the lil pump. It looks great..even if we put the little EBJD in there and release the convict into the EBJD's side of the tank. I hate having a 3-way split..lmao

Yeah...the severum kept stalking him on the bottom of the net and nipping at him..so i put a small amount of crushed coral in a corner so that the convict had a safe spot.

I guess i'll order one of these now and it should be here Monday...and the lil pump. It looks great..even if we put the little EBJD in there and release the convict into the EBJD's side of the tank. I hate having a 3-way split..lmao
Be careful MTS is contagious! :giggle:, now its a breeder box, next month its a 75 gallon upgrade :giggle:

I forgot to mention the 110gal that's currently in the garage that he brought home recently.... it's used so we need to clean it and the stand up a bit. He intends to sell the 55gal everyone is currently in after they all move to the 110...but if he keeps this convict..i think the ebjd will need to stay alone in the 55..lol

I also bought two very nice trifle bowls for the baby bettas today

Thanks for your help :bighug:

It's beginning alright..lmao

I remember when he first moved here and started with two betta bowls...then a biorb with some neon tetras...then the 55gal came with the bala sharks..then i got a 20gal with baby guppies...then he got the firemouths/blue acaras...now we're here LMAO

4 bettas...a 55gal and an empty 110gal. >_<

So I finally got tank #2 set up this week while I was holed up in the house and started cycling it. So here is my little rift tank. It's a 40G breeder as that's all the SO would agree to in the living room. The substrate is pool filter sand. The rocks are sandstone (Including an awesome Devonian sandstone with Spiriferid Brachiopod fossils- don't judge the geology major) and two granite river rocks. This is going to be an Mbuna rift tank hence all the hidey holes. Using an Aquaclear 110 HOB since I had to do this on an ultra tight budget. Right now I'm seeding the tank with gravel from my tank upstairs and a mossball that was homeless.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037-3.jpg

When the day comes that I build a reef, I want a tank as big as flippercons.

I just want more fish. I gotta wait like 6-8 weeks for the cycle to complete on the living room tank. :( I have no patience but lesson learned with the bedroom tank. do not rush it.

haha yeah...I hated having my 20gal long sitting next to my bed for that long growing up...with no fish!
Let's just say...it was worth the wait....100+ guppies later (started with 5 babies) >_<

Back