Post Your Latest Purchases

I have been drooling over the citizen nighthawk for a couple years now

b99072b7d7a0ef8954deb8e1f292f995.jpg

I have an older Tidemaster that needs a battery. No one ever wants to change it cause of the waterproof gasket.

11783766.jpg

Last edited:
Someday I wanI have an older Tidemaster that needs a battery. No one ever wants to change it cause of the waterproof gasket.

11783766.jpg

Let's analyze this....... Being water proof will not help if the battery won't work........ What's the chances you'll wear it swimming?..... You can send to the company and have them change it...... Do you wear watches anyway?

Wow I messed up that sentence! hahaha edited.....

But yes, a lot of places tell me they won't change the battery because they aren't sure they can get the seal back in correctly. Yeah, I used to wear it in the water all the time which was why I got it. Its full stainless so it wouldn't corrode in salt water. My brother lives out in LA and we go surfing a lot. Its real easy to lose track of time out there so it became a little necessary. Also to remind us to go in and take breaks before we got too tired and the situation became dangerous from fatigue. Sometimes you don't realize how tired you are. Its one of those things I always mean to do but forget about. I should call the company and see if I can send it in to be refurbed. Its a few years old now so I imagine they may say something along the lines of not working on those old things anymore. hahaha

EDIT: The other nice thing is that it keeps track of the tide so you can know when to take a break. You can just look down and know that the waves are going to be crappy for a bit and its a good time to take a lunch. I remember just floating out there going "WTF, where are the waves!" With the tides right on your wrist you pretty much know when its going to flatten out for a bit.

I have an older Tidemaster that needs a battery. No one ever wants to change it cause of the waterproof gasket.

11783766.jpg
"Dakota watch" - look around your area. Looks like they're in some malls near your location. They'll most likely do it. They've done similar stuff for me without issue other shops wouldn't do.

Reactions: Nix
There's a guy that comes in to work all the time that wares a smart watch on both arms and somehow he can pull it off.

He is a great guy with more money than God and no one to spend it on. And he is a little eccentric.

They are. Lol. You would think another time zone or something.

Back