Post Your Latest Purchases

What kind?
this kind: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005680BX2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

41HV4QdxvyL._SS500_.jpg

it works pretty good as far as i can tell. it turns on and starts recording automatically when i turn on the car, and shuts off soon after I shut the engine off. you can set clip lengths anywhere from 1-15 minutes, and it automatically overwrites the oldest clips. i haven't really finished testing it, but from what i can see so far, it's pretty good for the price. it's not true HD, but at the standard video quality, it's VGA resolution and the video is smooth. i'll try upping the quality to the highest resolution and see if the picture gets any better. here's a couple screenshots:

Screen Shot 2013-01-31 at 11.20.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-01-31 at 11.25.10 PM.png

don't mind the gps and sirius antennas. i moved em when to the dot matrix area near the rear view mirror when i installed my aswc tonight so my dash isn't cluttered like that anymore. i'll try to upload a video sometime.

Last edited:
That's not bad actually. I like how it instantly records when the car is on.

yeah, like i said, it's just for cheap insurance in case something happens. i see really bad drivers all the time here, so it helps to have that proof just in case. and i can post any hilarity captured. i used a gopro for a while, but it wasn't easy to remember to turn it on and record all the time. plus, i worried about leaving the gopro in the car. although I could leave this up and it would be totally set and forget, i still take off the windshield, just so i don't get anyone smashing my window for $26. it's still only one step tho, because once i put it up and plug it in it starts recording.

It is definitely useful and better to use than a gopro. Is yours set on 1280p or 640p?

the dashcam? it was on "VGA" which is like 640x480 (SD resolution). the highest resolution available isn't 1080p. it's labled "SXGA" which is 1280x1024

Oh ok. I might get something like this later on. NJ driving can be very harsh. Lol. There's one selling with Infrared LED.

The cam looks very cool plus with lesser insurance rates, that;s a win. Could the cam may also work against you, say if you were "at fault" for a crash or for speeding? Then again, this is your unit, not the insurance companies

Not having a truck for the winter time was killing me, so I bought a project:

IMG_20130128_164530_885.jpg

It's an 01 Sierra SL with a 4.8. Plans are 6.0 swap, 6" lift, 20x12 wheels and 33" tires.

Also bought and installed some TRS 9006 5000k HIDs in the Si. I'll have to get some pictures.

Last edited:
i thought about doing this too, but i just cut the resonator out and cut the stock tubing instead to do the same thing and pull air from the fender area.

I want to do that too but I don't want to cut my original resonator. I need to buy one maybe used part and cut it.

I don't think u wanna see my shoes, I mean actual shoes for feet, not rims. But if u still do, I'll show u in the morning. It's lights out in my room, I'm sleepy.

Back