Post Your Latest Purchases

Wow. What bike do you have? I wish I can ride. I'm scared of NJ.

Wow. What bike do you have? I wish I can ride. I'm scared of NJ.
At the moment I have a "hand-me-down" '89 Yamaha with only 250cc from my dad, lol. But I don't oficially have my bike license yet either. I test for it this spring and then I'm hoping to buy something in the sport bike family around the 500cc range... nothing too big or crazy so that I keep myself alive. :D

Some crazy A$$ $?!@ lol
20130212_140905_zps805723f1.jpg

And also ordered Rv6 dp and Takeda afe intake;)

Technically not for my Si.... but it's still for something that runs on gas, lol.

And technically I won the helmet at a car show this summer rather than bought it, but I DID but the jacket today. So excited for Spring! :turbospin:

IMG_1893_zps063e8c34.jpg

Nice ...... I went for a ride today........55º

At the moment I have a "hand-me-down" '89 Yamaha with only 250cc from my dad, lol. But I don't oficially have my bike license yet either. I test for it this spring and then I'm hoping to buy something in the sport bike family around the 500cc range... nothing too big or crazy so that I keep myself alive. :D

IMO, you'd be much happier with a 600cc for your first sport bike, especially since you have experience on the hand me down. There are so many nice options in the 600cc family, and if you go smaller you'll just want to trade up 3 months after you get it anyways. I'm sure we'll get to see what you decide to get when it's time :)

Nice MissETake a rider safety course if you can. It will pay off.
I'm registered for one already!

IMO, you'd be much happier with a 600cc for your first sport bike, especially since you have experience on the hand me down. There are so many nice options in the 600cc family, and if you go smaller you'll just want to trade up 3 months after you get it anyways. I'm sure we'll get to see what you decide to get when it's time :)

Our entry level licensing for bikes are only up to 550cc (hence why I was thinking a 500), and then you can bump up to the next level after a certain period of time and/or by passing additional testing. I need to pass the lower level first but if I find it easy peasy I can try to test for the bigger ones. I was worried more about the size and weight on something 600 or larger though as all the female riders I know have something smaller and I need to be able to pick it back up in the unfortunate event that I dump it. If I do end up considering a 600 though I'm partial to the Honda CBR's. And yes, whenever I do upgrade from my hand-me-down I'll definitely add it to this thread, lol.

Last edited:
That's awesome! Does the projector retract up and down?

That's awesome! Does the projector retract up and down?
It doesn't retract, but I could fashion something so it could. The mount uses a 1.5" diameter pipe nipple. It currently is mounted with a 6" length.

have it sourced to a tv box ... game console... blu ray...?

Back