Pro detailer here.

jrse7en

Hello friends. Ive been professionally detailing cars for around 16 years and painted for 3 years in-between. If you have any questions about whatever there is I am more than willing to help and steer in the right direction. I'm located near Philly too. Just saying hello /wave

Last edited:
Whats up how do you feel about di-noc 3m carbon fiber vynal wrap? I just got mine today. I was gonna do a little interior. Some say if you remove it, it ruins your interior. I tried a little piece and i doesnt seem like it will ruin it.. it matches great!!! Should i do it??? Or use scotchprint 1080?

not sure how it'd ruin the interior. You'll probably have some sticky adhesive leftover on parts, but I'm sure that could be removed with a cleaner/goof-off type remover. A number of people have done 3m dinoc on interior panels.

Yeah it wouldn't ruin the interior. The chemicals you use to possibly remove and adhesive might discolor the plastic or metal. It all depends.
Pretty much anything can be replaced interior wise anyway.

3M anything is high quality too. If you go with the 3M let me know how it looks. I'm thinking about trying that also.

What do you use to remove a scratch from your tail light?

Best way to correct swirl scratches?

flexpolisherpadkit.jpg~original

And....

MeguiarsHydro.jpg

What do you use to remove a scratch from your tail light?

Same as above or you could try Meguiars PlastX that you can probably pick up locally at an AutoZone/Pepboys. Taillights and headlights are made of the same polycarbonate so any of the headlight restoration "kits" should work as well. Other than that, Meguiars 105/205. You can sometimes find those at the local parts store as well.

See if you can catch your fingernail in the scratch. That'll dictate what you can do.

This is probably the best thing you can do (or get done) to almost mask the scratch. The imperfection will still be there, but it will look better than a keyed to bare metal scratch.

For $100? Nope. You can catch that stuff on sale for $75 or less during black friday/christmas sales.

My favorite: Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. $20

http://www.detailedimage.com/Collinite-M55/845-Insulator-Wax-P668/16-oz-S1/

If you put this on and your car doesn't look good, it's not the collinites fault.

Want to spend more just for kicks:

Chemical Guys: Pete's 53 $40

http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemic...Black-Pearl-Signature-Paste-Wax-P186/8-oz-S1/

I'm just sticking with the Meguiar's M105, M205 and Meguiar's paint sealant. :D

my $0.02. I would use some meguiars swirlx to remove those swirls and maybe some touch up paint to hide it.

Back