Problems with Excessive Fogging

Teflon1968

I just purchased my wife a civic and for the most part, we're happy. However, she is noticing the car seems to always fog---excessively. She'll come out from work and the surrounding vehicles will be fine, but her civic is completely fogged up. When driving, it doesn't take long to fog and turning the a/c on doesn't help much. It's a dangerous issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I did have window tint applied, but usually that helps minimize fogging. Anyone have similar issues? Or suggestions? Car is in NW Florida, decent weather, no rain...

baffled...

Is she running the defrost prior to shutting the car off to park?

A leaking heater core can cause issues. Or it's purely a matter of temperature differences. Are you running the heater?

the air in the car will be warmer than the air outside the car (this happens in winter). Moisture will condense on the inside of the windows if the outside air is cooler than the dew point inside the car.

Is she running the defrost prior to shutting the car off to park?

A leaking heater core can cause issues. Or it's purely a matter of temperature differences. Are you running the heater?

the air in the car will be warmer than the air outside the car (this happens in winter). Moisture will condense on the inside of the windows if the outside air is cooler than the dew point inside the car.
Honestly, it's hard to say. BUT, when she leaves the car parked all day and comes out in the evening, and its the only car in the lot with fogged up windows to start with, its become bizarre to say the least. I've already told her to drive with the recirculation air on to see if that helps. I stopped by Honda today and they recommended she make sure the vent is in the recirc mode too when she parks it--as that might be why the car is fogging when parked. IF it's the heater core, i'll be pretty upset as it's brand new car. With exception of the gas mileage and the instrumentation panel...i'm starting to have some buyer's remorse with this one...

Back