Progress Civic SI Rear Sway Bar...Coming?

don't forget the change in front swaybar mounting point on the strut... maybe the smaller bar is more effective because of that. I've never measured it, but I would be surprised if Honda changed the front rollbar effectiveness that much between the 06 and the 12.... but maybe they did.

Anyway, I highly doubt the bigger rear bar will make the car dangerous at normal road speeds (less than 65 mph). At higher than legal speeds though, you will probably have to be more careful.

Chris

Why would a larger rear sway bar be dangerous at high highway speeds?

741.1363.800x600.62.1009_CivicRSB.jpg

is it the piece under the silver clamps ^ ? That's the pic off the progress website for the 8th gen.

Why would a larger rear sway bar be dangerous at high highway speeds?

Because a car inherently will oversteer more easily at higher speeds. So setups that are designed to make the car turn the car better at low speeds can make the car scary at higher speeds.

But this is the same thing with the stock car too.... a bone stock civic will not spin at 30 or even 40 mph unless you are totally stupid about it. But at 100 mph, you can spin it super easy. So, with a bigger rear swaybar, it becomes easier to earlier as you increase speed.

Chris

is it the piece under the silver clamps ^ ? That's the pic off the progress website for the 8th gen.

Yes, the Progress kit contains new bushings and new c-brackets (the metal around the bushing).

Now it also includes small adapter plates that make it a direct bolt on to the 2012 Civic EX/LX. That's very cool. :) A customer told me so, and I just looked at our inventory...sure enough, Progress is ahead of the game and making it easy for non-Si customer. :)

Chris

Back