Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
webby ethlar and any other HID retro people....need some advise.

Got most of the way done on the TSX projector retro fro my Accord but trying to see what you all think about the cut-off "levelness" before I seal the headlights back up. Trying to decide if I should drive to a parking garage with no bumper and headlight lenses. Not sure I want to do that.

Disclaimer: Pics are crooked and taken from an iPhone. first 3 pics were taken 5-10 mins after the car came off some ramps. Last two pics were taken 25-30 mins later.

Here are both of them on....on the far right by the bike you can see two cut-offs if you zoom.

image_zps60129c5f.jpg

Right side....if zoomed you cants see the line on the white paper but you can see the on the brown paper.

image_zpscba8e70f.jpg

Left side....is zoomed you can see the black line on the brown paper.

image_zps2c951b03.jpg

They kinda look slightly off to me but when I took pics up close they are equally spaced away from the lines for both sides. on both, the lower step are 4 inches away and on the upper step they both are 3.5 inches away.

image_zps29237d9d.jpg

image_zps31bda6ed.jpg

they look pretty dead on to me, remember the TSX projector likes to flare up off the top of the cutoff which can be deceiving

• Staff
they look pretty dead on to me, remember the TSX projector likes to flare up off the top of the cutoff which can be deceiving

I did notice that on the left side but not as much on the right side. I think I just might roll with it.....kinda need the car tomorrow.

No LED DRL....maybe for later.

When I set up headlight alignment on my cars, I'll get them as close to even as possible, then work on them to fine tune by blocking the light of one and then the other.....It's a lot easier to see what's going on when you can block the interference of having both uncovered..... once you get one where you want it mark the wall and work on the other one.

Last edited:
Ethlar hit the nail on the head with them flaring up. I think they look good from those pics. :thumb:

Last edited:
i expect led drls by next weekend

I think they look pretty darn close to perfect. I doubt once you start driving that you will notice. It's hard being a perfectionist isn't it?
How did you mount the projectors? Unless you drilled and used screws to adjust them I dont think you will be able to fine tune that slight bit.

Mine are off slightly and I constantly look at it on the back of other cars and walls but when driving I don't notice. No one else I point it out to seems to be able to see it.

• Staff
When I set up headlight alignment on my cars, I'll get them as close to even as possible, then work on them to fine tune by blocking the light of one and then the other.....It's a lot easier to see what's going on when you can block the interference of having both uncovered..... once you get one where you want it mark the wall and work on the other one.

That's how I aligned mine also....one side at a time. Did that with the stock lights to get the lines on the paper then did the same with the modified lights.

• Staff
I think they look pretty darn close to perfect. I doubt once you start driving that you will notice. It's hard being a perfectionist isn't it?
How did you mount the projectors? Unless you drilled and used screws to adjust them I dont think you will be able to fine tune that slight bit.

Mine are off slightly and I constantly look at it on the back of other cars and walls but when driving I don't notice. No one else I point it out to seems to be able to see it.

I'll post pics later but since it already had a halogen projector, I mounted the HID projector to the same mounting points. Just had to modify the mounting holes on the TSX projector to match.

The bad thing is that I was only able to use 2 of the 3 mounting points.

with tsxs, I line up the left sides of the cutoff.. like ethlar said, tsxs have that flare which throws everything off..

Reactions: Nix
Back