Question about SRI

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Hello,

I have a quick question about Short Ram Intakes. I have a Civic Coupe LX with the R18 (Z1 I think ), and I was wondering if it's safe to add this sort of bolt-on without a tune? I know that the current generation of Honda motors are adaptive, in that they'll eventually begin to work counter to a lot of bolt-ons without an ECU reconfiguration.

To be specific, I'm not really looking for power with this bolt-on. In the past I've had a short ram on an Accord and it netted me 2 extra MPG. I'm basically after similar figures with my current Civic. Is this feasible? Even more so, will my engine's configuration stay the same with this particular modification?

Any help is appreciated-- and I apologize if I asked a monumentally stupid series of questions.

I haven't really seen anyone suggest they gained mpg with their r18 intakes.

Ah, I see. I suppose I'll leave the R18's airbox be, then. Thank You for your input, Webby. :)

You can try removing the intake resonator box. If it's anything like the 08/09 Civics we had it draws air from a very high and hot location in the engine bay. Pulling all that plastic tubing made both our cars a bit peppier and with a decent K&N style drop in filter I got slightly better mileage.

Worth a shot since it's nearly free aside from the filter.

Hmm. I'll look into this. I was about to buy another panel filter anyway, so now I have something of an excuse to try out your suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back