question before bringing the car in for service.

jnastii

Hey guys just 2 quick questions regarding bout the car before I bring it in for service.

I'm now at 14k and my car been parked covered up for the past couple months. maybe added about 300 miles for the last 3 months? =X
Decided to take it out last Sunday for a quick cruise and noticed the TPMS is on. Checked the tire pressure and every single tire was on 31psi. not sure whats going on.
the cold weather? its about 30degrees here right now. and the car sits outside with a car cover.
I'm not sure if anybody encountered this problem before.

and one more thing before i bring it in to the dealer. my car is pretty much stock, took everything off as of right now.
but my valve cover is painted. do you think they would give me hard time for that???
I'd def want them to take a look at the oil burning issue and maybe replace my pistons/piston rings? I don't know
just scared to go to the dealer and they give me a hard time with my painted valve cover.

tpms will come on if the pressure is down a bit in one or more tires. After the pressure is right, the car needs to be driven for a bit for the light to go back off. If the air pressure is fine, it'll reset in time. You have nothing to worry about as far as your engine cover being painted or anything like that.

you'll be fine. They can even reset the sensor message on your car if it's still on when you get there

I had warranty work done no questions asked with tons of stuff all painted up. I have since changed them all back to stock cause, well, it looked rice when I was done.

yea its just the VC and some password jdm washers.
intake and springs are off so I'll have to bring it in.
aslo its probably going to be a fight with the burning oil since I did the oil change last couple times.
but i know my car is burning lots of oil lol

Air pressure maybe, but the spare does not have a tpms sensor in it.

there are several different TPMS related warnings. did it say check TPMS system, low tire pressure, or check tire pressure? if it's the first one, you most likely have a problem with one of the sensors. usually, the sensors will go bad and stop sending any info to the TMPS module.

The TPMS goes off when the psi is below recommended. Bump it up to 32 or 33 psi and see if anything changes.

i believed it said check tire pressure. but im not sure. ill go check in the morning.
and it is on 31psi Dar-Dar

i believed it said check tire pressure. but im not sure. ill go check in the morning.
and it is on 31psi Dar-Dar
Bump pressure a couple of pounds - depending on your guage and its age, it's not unusual for them to be off as much as 4 psig and in my experience they're usually on the high side. Most guages at a filling station, and I haven't used one there in 20+ years, can be off by 10+ psig. (I ride a sport touring motorcycle and 2-4 pounds difference (lower) pressure in the front tire can be frightening!)

tpms will come on if the pressure is down a bit in one or more tires. After the pressure is right, the car needs to be driven for a bit for the light to go back off. If the air pressure is fine, it'll reset in time. You have nothing to worry about as far as your engine cover being painted or anything like that.

I love TPMS after moving to a 2012 from a 2007, but I wish they would display pressures and temps on the IMID, a tire screen would be nice not sure if it can be added after or not. I've seen some aftermarket TPMS systems that can do it but for the stock systems most manufactures only include it on the higher end models.

Back