questions and info about the 2014 civic si

1) thanks for the info, and this is part of the reason why I like this forum better.

2) my car sounds kinda like it has some kind of forced induction but it does remind me of my gsr when I had all na mods. Also the blower motor is very quiet in my car.

3) when I was looking at my 12 when they were parked next to each other the brakes looked beefier, but I didn't really look that well.

And again thank you for answering all my weird questions all the time.
Brakes are the same on the '13 and '14 according to hondapartsdeals.com

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CIVIC&Label[YearID]=2014&Label[DoorID]=2&Label[GradeID]=SI (NAVI)&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=6MT&Label[SectionID]=CHASSIS&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=FRONT BRAKE (2.4L)&ProductID=4&YearID=45&DoorID=1&GradeID=521&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=8&SectionID=6&IllustrationGroupID=20050

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label[ProductID]=CIVIC&Label[YearID]=2013&Label[DoorID]=2&Label[GradeID]=SI (NAVI)&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=6MT&Label[SectionID]=CHASSIS&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=FRONT BRAKE (2.4L)&ProductID=4&YearID=44&DoorID=1&GradeID=521&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=8&SectionID=6&IllustrationGroupID=20050

Imid wallpaper in the 14s isnt customizable. At least in the Si models.

A small feature that is lacking, but along with the removal of the charger in the arm rest is another head scratcher to me.

A small feature that is lacking, but along with the removal of the charger in the arm rest is another head scratcher to me.

Yeah, that really makes me mad. There's where I charged my cell on my 2013 model. 2014, no power port.. ARGH.

I was reading somewhere that the calipers on 2014 Si's are slightly bigger is it true? I found someone that wants to trade his 2013 Si wheels for my 18" wheels. Thanks

I was reading somewhere that the calipers on 2014 Si's are slightly bigger is it true? I found someone that wants to trade his 2013 Si wheels for my 18" wheels. Thanks

No difference. The part numbers are identical.

Imid wallpaper in the 14s isnt customizable. At least in the Si models.

Yeah, that really makes me mad. There's where I charged my cell on my 2013 model. 2014, no power port.. ARGH.
I would think you could still charge from the USB port in the arm rest.

I have no way of testing this on the 2014, but I've seen other cars that were like this. If you just plugged a phone in it wouldn't charge. If you switch the radio to the aux/usb port it'd recognize the phone was there & start charging. After that, I could immediately switch the audio source to the radio or something else and the phone would continue to charge. I don't know if the 2014 is like that, but it may be worth trying.

I am trying to close on a 14 Coupe, dealer in Ohio is having trouble finding me one that they can trade with another dealer for. They said today the found DBP in Cinci, but it has the HFP kit, so the price may end up being more.

Does your local dealer have any Si at their lot at all? Maybe give them more color options than just one. Si with HFP kit will probably be $1500 more.

None on the local lot. I gave them every color except Orange and Red. My only requirement was a Coupe and it not be Orange or Red. Don't need Navi or any of the options. Aftermarket can fill that stuff in, but if they can keep the price close to what we were at on a non-HFP 14, well I may jump on that. They were telling me on the phone that the one they found had about $6k worth of options already added to it, including the full HFP kit. Sure as hell am not paying $6k more for the car.

In fact when I look for 14's online thru just Autotrader, they only find 163 for sale in the entire US including Hawaii. Now yes that is just through Autotrader, but according to my dealer there are only 5 Si coupes in Ohio and 3 of them are already sold.

$6k worth of options? What exactly is added bag of coke in trunk maybe. 2014 Si comes pretty much fully loaded, 7inch touchscreen radio back up camera and all other goodies. I would use cars.com to find the Si that you want and call the dealer that has one. The thing is that most dealers when they get 1 or 2 Si's they are usually sold next day or within a week.

The HFP kit is installed at the dealership. The retail price on all the pieces is over $3k, but that does not include the labor to install all of it.

Yeah there are definitely enough addons available thru Honda alone at time of purchase to easily add $6k. The HFP wheels alone are $1.5k. And I did the online looking around thing.

I completely forgot about the wheels when coming up with $3k.

Pretty sure I found the car my Dealer was telling me about on Cars.com, thanks for that suggestion by the way, it only appears to have the aero kit. However, it does appear that they added on several other options. Has the rear bumper scratch protector, LED Door lights, All-Weather mats and trunk thing, smoked headlights and taillights, tinted windows. All of which they show itemized, which just cracks me up. The car is stickered at $27,910 with options, I laughed pretty hard at that. They have the car listed at MSRP which is where I started in my negotiations with my dealer based on the fact that they would have to locate me a car once we agreed upon a price that would work for me. So with any amount of luck he will call me tomorrow and let me know they got the car, and I will stop hijacking this thread to talk about myself and my experience, and move it to an Introduction thread as I happily join the club.

Forgot to mention that someone thought it would be a good idea to replace the Red LED Interior Illumination that can be added onto the Si with a Green LED. I already told my Dealer that would need to be changed back to Red. DBP exterior, Red and Black Interior...and someone thought Green worked there...

I have no way of testing this on the 2014, but I've seen other cars that were like this. If you just plugged a phone in it wouldn't charge. If you switch the radio to the aux/usb port it'd recognize the phone was there & start charging. After that, I could immediately switch the audio source to the radio or something else and the phone would continue to charge. I don't know if the 2014 is like that, but it may be worth trying.

Yeah, and that makes sense. If you think about laptops, most USB ports don't get power if the laptop is in a power save mode or turned off. There are some manufacturers that make laptops with USB ports that always get power, for example the Dell I have for work has one port out of 3 that are available on the laptop itself with power all the time even if the laptop is off.

Same thing on an Xbox 360, the USB ports used for the controllers don't get power unless the Xbox itself is turned on.

Have any of you guys used the HDMI cable yet? not sure what it's really used for. Havent put my laptop in there yet. I dont have an iphone, but i have an ipad, and tried to download the honda app for it, and the app never seemed to work right for me.

Also, thinking about doing some small upgrades, like led lined lights, or halos or something, but bc the way the 14 coupes were made, the light housing is different than the rest of the 9th gens. have you guys seen any out there? or should i just wait?

want the 9th to look better than my 8th

Attachments

• 10522089_10152197961821956_3430420419382313839_n.jpg
    10522089_10152197961821956_3430420419382313839_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 10610819_10152241156146956_7443117583975194078_n.jpg
    10610819_10152241156146956_7443117583975194078_n.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 18
Is there any differences between the 14 Si and the 15 Si? Want to trade my 12 LX for a Si and one dealer quoted me $20,900 for a new 14 coupe Si and another dealer quoted me $22,100 for a 15 Si.

Back