Radio reset code

MarkA

upstate New York
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I am about to change the battery in my 2012 Civic Si. It does not have any navigation system; just the standard stereo. I cannot find any indication as to whether or not there is a security code that has to be entered if power is disconnected. I have all the original paperwork that came from the dealer when I bought it, but no security code. Are they no longer a thing?

I changed the batt's , and let it idle for 20 min.,thx @Nix, then turned on the radio and on my screen it said to push and hold the "ON" button of the radio, did that and it turned on and kept the prerecorded stations, etc., also checked for phone pairing and memory data... All was good. The car runs fine as well.

When I disconnected my battery in my 2012 EX and it asked for my code I used this method to avoid the code: Turn key to run, when it asks for the code, hold the green on button until it beeps and turns on again. This has to be done first thing as I recall or it goes into anti-theft mode. Alternately the code can be entered, or if it is not existent, Honda has a VIN/serial number look up feature on the owner's link page, (you need your vehicle VIN and serial number from the back of the radio). I didn't loose any settings or radio stations. I think I had to reset the clock, but don't remember.

Update: I just finished the battery swap. The radio came back on just fine. It did not ask for any unlock codes. It even remembered the station presets! The only thing I had to do was set the clock.

When I was a kid (a LONG time ago), stealing car radios was a Big Thing. I guess now with iPhones and iPods, who the hell would want to steal a car stereo?

I would think that with all the technology that is being put into vehicles now, and most of it going through the radio, they would put a small battery in the radio itself to hold programming/presets in case of battery disconnection.

Back