Rattling coming from rear seat seatbelt apparatuses.

Loppysaurusrex

I've FINALLY diagnosed where the rattling is coming from!

It's those darn seatbelt holders (the things that wrap and pull on the seatbelts). The center one is the main offender, I'm not sure what I can do about it either besides remove it all together, which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

Does anyone know if dynamat traps sound? Because I imagine I could take it off, wrap it up in dynamat, and put it back to help muffle the sound.

I'll post pics soon of what I'm talking about.

53231cb078fd6f12e1b49898e142584a.jpg

This is the problem causer

8700582a4158423e3f6ed11ebfa1f992.jpg

And this is where its mounted

Problem is now I can't get it to relax and let the seatbelt extend.

So I can't mount it back and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to remove seatbelts

What do I do?

I would contact Collegehills Honda and ask them how to reinstall it and any thing that can be done to silence it. I have contacted them before with questions and they were very helpful.

Yea I fixed it

I ordered some dynamat hopefully covering the deck and the seat belt apparatus's will fix the rattling

When I had my 2013 Civic coupe, that same rear seat belt holder started rattling within one week of buying the car. Honda replaced it under warranty, which corrected most of the rattles in the rear of the car.

I fixed the rattle by locking the ratchet with a swift pull of the belt then latching the belt to the lock. The belt needs to be under tension.
If you carry passengers in your back seat you'll need to do this after each use but it stopped the rattling.

Back