Rattling...

l BETES l

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I put on my Full Race downpipe onto my Invidia N1 exhaust and now whenever I'm sitting at a light or just idling I get this rattle from the tip of my exhaust hitting my bumper.. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to stop it?

Mine does the same thing, and I have the N1 and full-race as well. I cannot figure out exactly where the rattle is coming from, I just know its near the bumper. Let me know what you figure out

Definitely will. Could be just from moreengine flow not sure. One of the mechanics where I work said to just put a foam spacer between the exhaust and the bumper but I don't want that melting to my bumper and exhaust

Definitely will. Could be just from moreengine flow not sure. One of the mechanics where I work said to just put a foam spacer between the exhaust and the bumper but I don't want that melting to my bumper and exhaust

Do you have coils? I took a quick look and thought for a second it may be ratting up against the coil spring. But I am still not really sure

nah I don't have any suspension work done yet

I'm sure its going to need a spacer of some kind...

I've got a full Full-Race setup (downpipe and cat-back) and I found it very difficult to get everything to align "just so". I think I've been under the car about 4 times total to tweak where things are at. I'm not sure how your cat-back portion attaches with the N1, but with Full-Race it has a slip coupling that you can turn any which-way and slide back and forth. I eliminated *most* of my rattles with proper adjustment at that coupling and the next and by putting a giant HVAC zip-tie around one of my hangers to cinch it up a little bit (should just get some poly hangers, but it's what I had). I'm honestly a bit disappointed with how difficult getting things to line up properly has been, but otherwise have been very happy with the setup. Quality parts, but the clearances for a 3" exhaust are so small that it doesn't take much. I see poly hangers in my future...

It's usually pretty easy to find rattles on exhaust systems........ Just slide under the rear of the car and hit the pipe with the heal of your hand to make it "sound", then do the correction depending on where it's located.

Theres some pipe difference where my downpipe meets the exhaust but the rattle from that is going away as the pipe breaks in. But my problem is that the tip of my exhaust shakes so much that it bangs on my bumper when im idling. Might just get some longer hangers with better clearance

I have looked under mine multiple times and cannot seem to pinpoint it too. I guess I will have to jack the car up and get under it on the weekend...I will let you know what I find as with us having the same setup, it may prove helpful. I think mine is up against the rear coilover spring but am not 100% if that is where the rattling is. Like you said, it seems to be against the bumper somewhere or on a heat shield near it

Did you bend the heat shields to make more room? I recall some saying they had to bend the shields to keep it from vibrating on them. I think @squiggy mentioned it before

I had the same issue and it turned out it was a bolt near the gas tank that needed to be shaved down.

Also after doing the o2 senor trick to turn off my CEL, it came back on. Now I dont have a flash pro and cant disable to secondary o2 sensor, is there any way for this to be resolved or should I just keep clearing the code?

No mine is running pretty well even with the light on. And I guess I know what my next purchase is going to be.. just not liking the bill for it

Back