Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
After completing my TLX retrofit and more recently an Accord fog light "retrofit" - photos attached - I thought I might try something new.

DSCN0142_fc.jpg
DSCN0142_fc2.jpg

Attached are some mock-ups of what a RDX jewel retrofit might look like, including the DRL light pipe. I have all the electronics figured out, it's just a matter of putting in the time to pull it off.

Reason for the attempted retrofit, the RDX array flows more with the natural shape of the Civic housings. Although the light pipe is a little off....I have some feedback on the TLX ones that they just look "mashed in there"

As for the poll, these are going to be significantly more cosmetic work than the TLX ones were. And I kinda messed up the light pipe as it is, might be able to see in the one photo. Cut then end at the wrong angle. I can fix the look but not the functionality. And I'm not buying another RDX setup to fix it.

Basically my mind is shot from looking at it....any thoughts would be appreciated.

20170321_110407.jpg

20170321_110411.jpg

20170321_205603.jpg

20170321_205610.jpg

20170321_205627.jpg

20170321_205632.jpg

Wow, that looks incredible.

You said you messed up on the light tube? I saw what you were talking about, but it still looks absolutely amazing! That is a sick retrofit. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Man that looks incredible. I mean I give your last setup props, but that mockup looks amazing. wow :hitit:

Yeah man.....def go for it! It looks way better than the MDX retro. I would go as far to say how much do you want for a set because I want them badly!!!! lol

Where are you sourcing your parts from? a junk yard? got a connection to a body shop?

Thanks for all the input!

@bauer311 - I think I'm going to try to grow a cap for the light pipe at work, see if that helps it. SO glad I have access to a 3D printer for this one.

@Nomar06 - Parts are coming from ebay, I just stalk them until I find a light that is "cheap" relative to the rest. Broken tabs and all that make things cheaper. Just means it takes longer while waiting to find a second light. Still a pricey retrofit.
More so when you factor in all the extra connectors and custom controllers that need to be fabricated to make them work properly.

I cant remember off hand.....is the light strip both a DRL and turn signal?

DRL is the Lower Bar
Turn signal is a separate one on top of the housing. Strangely all driven by the same control module....

I like the look, would want to do something with the dead space across the top, get the turn signal bar in there or another DRL bar and it would look completely OEM

@ethlar - There really isn't that much space up top. Especially when the trim piece is put back in. But I do see your point. I do have the turn signal bars, but getting them in is most likely impossible.

On a side note, the build has stalled. :( Getting everything to line up and fit is proving to be harder than I thought. The parts fit worse than the TLX setup.

37316346-186C-498C-BA75-BB3A9F871C2E.jpeg WoW my friend, and I was happy with my retrofit but after looking at your RDX retrofit l felt like a rookie and I have done like 10 retrofits on different cars with Morimoto Projectors. Do you have a list of parts and pictures of what you did to make this magic. Also I send you a PM about the Auto a/c retrofit for the Si.

@webby - No I bailed on it. Every time I thought I had it figured out something else popped up and made it worse. It was so much worse than the TLX retro. And in the end I ended up parting ways with car. Now sitting in a 10th gen Si.

@Jaybe - Thanks, and I know the feeling about feeling like you could do more. After doing the TLX on my 9th gen, the Koito Bi-LED and Osram retros that I have done on my 10th feel "easy" by comparison. Even if the finished product looks "better" / more stock.

Congrats on the 10th gen. The lights look stunning

Back