Re-sprayed

Lindsaysarah

Hey everyone! I just had a few of my body panels re-sprayed a few weeks ago due to some little shits egging my car and chipping the paint on it. I'm afraid I might have f'ed up though. I know I'm not supposed to wax it for 30 days I wasn't even thinking and I went through a touchleas car wash that sprayed a foam wax on my car. Is it going to totally screw up the new paint? Is there anything I can do now to fix my mistake?? Thanks in advance!

There ya go. Just mix up a strong bucket with dawn or another "grease cutting" soap and you'll be good. That carwash really didn't spray on much of a wax anyway. It'll wear off quickly on its own.

EDIT: That sucks too about the paint!

Is wax that is applied thru car wash same as regular wax?

Not really. It's pretty thin and weak. A lot of them do contain some type of carnauba wax but a lot of them also contain high amounts of silicone. They aren't trying to "wax" your car for you. They want to use as little as possible and make the most $$. You get a little shine from it for a couple days. Some of the clear coat "polish" or "protectants" are just silicone sprays that help to break the surface tension of water so you get the same beading effect you would from a good wax. It also looks shiny.

A lot of the chemicals are formulated to smell nice and foam up a lot. It's what people want to see and they feel like if its really foamy its doing a good job. Those are actually the selling points on some of the chemical mfg websites for carwash supplies.

WarsawChem is a big supplier. Their website actually has decent amount of easily found info on chemicals.
http://www.warsaw-chem.com

Look how awesome this wash must be! They have like 3 different colors and its so foamy!
(this could just be colored bubble bath for all you know)

jazz_tricolor_foam_polish.jpg

Not really. It's pretty thin and weak. A lot of them do contain some type of carnauba wax but a lot of them also contain high amounts of silicone. They aren't trying to "wax" your car for you. They want to use as little as possible and make the most $$. You get a little shine from it for a couple days. Some of the clear coat "polish" or "protectants" are just silicone sprays that help to break the surface tension of water so you get the same beading effect you would from a good wax. It also looks shiny.

A lot of the chemicals are formulated to smell nice and foam up a lot. It's what people want to see and they feel like if its really foamy its doing a good job. Those are actually the selling points on some of the chemical mfg websites for carwash supplies.

WarsawChem is a big supplier. Their website actually has decent amount of easily found info on chemicals.
http://www.warsaw-chem.com

Look how awesome this wash must be! They have like 3 different colors and its so foamy!
(this could just be colored bubble bath for all you know)

jazz_tricolor_foam_polish.jpg

Haha that was my hope that it was diluted enough that it wasn't really going to matter too much. In fact the wax at the car wash did look exactly like that picture lol.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Reactions: Nix
"Wax" at the touchless place near me is completely clear. The foaming soap is multicolored, but the wax is clear.

Back