Record For Warranty

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello fellow honda owners. I am a do it yourselfer and refuse to pay to get my oil changed. I am Wondering what records i have to keep (so I don't have any issues if I blow my engine not due to my oil changes of course). not just oil all routine maintenance. do i need to record the milage or anything??

Thanks
Brooksie

I would just keep any pertinent receipts, and a file or record book where you can record your work (when & what).

That should be good enough. Anyone should be able to tell by looking at any part of the car whether you did the work you said you did, and when it was done.

Do you buy all your stuff from the dealer? I buy my filter from Honda when I do my oil and they haves in the system so if I ever have an issue they can see when I bought my filters and other fluids.

Keep your reciept and maybe write the mileage of when you changed the oil on that reciept. Also, maybe keep a log book of what and when you did what you say you did. When I blew the engine in the wifes Subaru at 36,000 they wanted prrof since we never went to them for the oil changes. Instead, we go to the local Honda dealer from when we had a Pilot. They were able to give us a print out and that was enough. I would think that by having your reciept, that would suffice, but then again, anything they can do to get out of having to cover it themselves. Guess it also depends on dealership.

Back