Redshift's 9th Gen Suspension Options

i agree. the cheap coilovers are only good if you want an adjustable drop with looks as your main priority. i'm running the koni sports on 8th gen sportlines and i love it.
What's the drop and what size tires?

skunk doesn't have suspension stuff listed for the 2012 yet, but they said they have products for the 9th coming out. Not sure if that covered suspension stuff, as they were talking more about exhausts. Might be worth a pm..
http://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=Skunk2+Racing
they might even be able to give you some sort of lead time if they're working on it.

What's the drop and what size tires?
about 1.75-2" front and 1.5"-1.75" rear. my car's nothing special. i bought it for commuting and good gas mileage. it's not even an Si. EP3 Si wheels with 205/55/R16 (stock EX size) tires.

IMG_1217.JPG

One thing that's grown to irritate me w/ running 8th springs is how the back sits up a bit higher, cause of the use 8th gen isolator..

Kind of wish I would of just waited for vehicle specific stuff, I mean I love the suspension, it rides & handles great but theres 2 things that bug me its the back sitting up high
& the front spring chatter..

didn't you get the spring noise resolved on yours with the rubber? ^

:oops: ... lost them driving? Can you get replacements and secure them another way?

One thing that's grown to irritate me w/ running 8th springs is how the back sits up a bit higher, cause of the use 8th gen isolator..

Kind of wish I would of just waited for vehicle specific stuff, I mean I love the suspension, it rides & handles great but theres 2 things that bug me its the back sitting up high
& the front spring chatter..

I wish I had a better picture. After installing the konis, my car seems to have settled a lil lower in the rear, almost to the point where it's perfectly level.

Yea Chris hooked me up w/ 2 more. Never got around to putting em back on, was trying to decide if I was gonna use some kind of tacky spray or zip ties or a combination of both..

sounds like zip ties are your answer if mikey has had them on for years

I wish I had a better picture. After installing the konis, my car seems to have settled a lil lower in the rear, almost to the point where it's perfectly level.

Mine gives the illusion at times it sits level but not really..

The 8th Gen Koni Sports fit perfectly on the 9th Gen Civic. Koni has not made a shock specific to the 9th Gen car yet. And they may not.

Chris
Those are the ones that are on sale for $550? If I order them do they come with everything I need to to put them on my 9th or do I need to get anything else?

I came across this thread after di***** around with my rear shocks to put eibach bump stops in them to match up with the pro kit springs I have. Got nowhere with that, but that's a different thread.

I'm considering upgrading my rear shocks with koni's or another good sport spring. Do I understand correctly that koni 8th gen rear shocks are drop in's for the 9th gen Si sedan?

Yep, the are a DIRECT fit. Same as it is on the 8th Civic.

The fronts are an insert where you have to cut the stock front struts and bolt the insert into place.... same as on every Civic for the last 10 years. Works perfectly. If you don't want to do that yourself, a competent garage can do it. I have a page that shows how we do it here:
https://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShiftStrutHousingLabor.htm

On the rear, the only thing that is needed is for you to drill out a small bushing at the top of the stock shocks so you can remove and reuse the stock bumpstop and dust boot. A picture of this drilled out bushing (it's actually the inner race of the upper shock bushing) is STEP 7.5 in the link above.

Hope that helps. :)
Cheers!
Chris

Back