Remote key won't lock car if the car is running

Drizzy

Hello,

I have a 2015 Honda civic si. I am starting a new job as a delivery driver and want to be able to lock my car while it's running. The remote key won't lock the car if it's running it just beeps a bunch. I think I would be able to take the key out and lock it while the car is on but that would be difficult while holding on to a bunch of food as well. Is there anyway around this? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

It's a safety measure as far as I'm aware. I know some of the other Hondas wouldn't let you lock the car with the keys still in the ignition (car off). It's a way to keep people from locking their keys in their car.

It's a safety measure as far as I'm aware. I know some of the other Hondas wouldn't let you lock the car with the keys still in the ignition (car off). It's a way to keep people from locking their keys in their car.
Would there be any possible way to bypass that?

I wouldn't know how. I believe I recall reading it even had something to do with the proximity sensor/chip in the key on the older keyed hondas. I don't know how it works for the fob style.

I think you might be out of luck.

I was going to say that you could manually lock the door with the key but there isn't a keyhole in the door handle.

You cant lock it with the remote you have to physically lock it with the key.

@r18-power sorry I meant using the lock button on your door panel.
If not can you flip the lock switch on the door handle on your way out?
Not sure how you'd unlock the door though if your key is in the car...

No unfortunately the only way to lock it is with the key from the outside. Its a safety measure from honda, another thing I found out the other day is if you car is locked and you open the trunk and leave you keys in it the trunk will pop open and beep reminding you that the keys are in the trunk.

Back