Removed amber

I took it to a shop in north Hollywood. They beat the lamp up or bake it. Crack it open and remove the Amber.

How did you seal it again to ensure water doesn't get in?
you can heat the headlight up in the oven the same way it was opened up. When it comes out of the oven you can place clamps all around the headlight.

A better option is to run a thin bead of this around the headlight when the light is apart -
http://www.autozone.com/sealants-gl...ro-15-ft-round-bead-ribbon-sealer/501842_0_0/

Heat it in the oven & clamp it when it comes out. The sealer will provide a nice solid bead around the headlight.

Heat it in the oven & clamp it when it comes out. The sealer will provide a nice solid bead around the headlight.
Is it necessary to add additional sealer when replacing the headlight lens? Would there still be enough left when removing it in the first place? Or is this a security measure to make sure everything is sealed.

I'm planning on doing a retrofit pretty soon and want to make sure I have everything I need before I start

clear rtv silicone is a security against having them fog up down the road & getting a proper seal. I've seen others heat their lights up in the oven and place clamps on directly after to try and squeeze the original sealant back together. I'd grab some rtv silicone. It's a few dollars at most auto stores.

tjhpuRD.jpg

Ok. The package I'm looking at on TRS website has an option to add sealant. May just have to get some of that depending how everything looks. Thanks for the help!

Back