Removing emblems

Stoe

What's the best way to remove civic and the si badge off of my car? Is it just 3m on the back or is it pinned also what would be the best way or removing the dohc sticker off the sides? Thanks

Clunck

Which side? If it's the front of the car, you will have to remove the bumper b/c the emblems are held by screws. If it's the back, just use dental floss and a blow dryer. The emblems are held by some kind of adhesive. Once you remove the emblems, use rubbing alcohol to remove the excess adhesive. But I prefer Stoners Tarminator because it removes the adhesive much faster and it leaves a very smooth surface.

It's the rear and thanks for the info any idea on the dohc stickers on the side

Clunck

It should be the same, but the floss or blow dryer is not needed. Just peel it off with your fingernails (slowly but surely). Try not to scratch the paint though. Removing the adhesive would be the same as with the emblems.

True. Like when it's a cold environment.

Yea that's what I'm worried about scratching the paint (had bad luck with that befor) maybe I'll just have the guy who's tinting the tail light remove the side stickers so I he messes up he can fix it lmao thank for the advise

Clunck

Best stuff I have ever used is called Goo Gone. Sold at Wal Mart and Home Depot. Just use dental floss and slide it back and forth behind the badge. Use the hair dryer to warm up the adhesive so it comes off easier. Then once the badge is off, you can spray Goo Gone over and use a credit card to remove the rest attached to the car. Just put a towel down under the badge area so the excess Goo Gone goes in to it. It's pretty easy.

Any pics with the removed emblem? I'd like to do it for my car possibly.

Any pics with the removed emblem? I'd like to do it for my car possibly.

de-badged si sedan
1bedef6a.jpg

Do it sooner than later so you don't have a "tan line" of where the emblem used to be. I have a very faint "civic" ghost on mine.

Took the rear emblems off today was super easy did not even need anything to remove the emblems

Clunck

That's clean. I still haven't removed mine. Lol. I'll probably just remove the 'Civic' badge.

That is what I am wanting to do... Funny how my girlfriend thinks I can never leave things alone, I always have to modify it.

Back