Replaced my low beams on 2014 lx, driver side headlight higher than other?

snahfu

xycFMKX.jpg

Did I mess up?

did you just replace the bulb with another factory bulb? It's likely that the bulb isn't seated 100% flush on the back of the headlight housing

did you just replace the bulb with another factory bulb? It's likely that the bulb isn't seated 100% flush on the back of the headlight housing

I replaced the stock with some Philip crystal vision ultras.

Weird, I inserted both lights and was able to twist them lock.

If I was able to twist them lock, wouldn't they already be seated flush, otherwise I wouldn't be able to lock it?

I would say you're correct, but every time something like this comes up, it's usually the bulb not seated 100%. You can use a large screwdriver to twist the adjustment screw on the back of the headlight to raise/lower the beam. If the bulb isn't seated right though, it's going to be moving up and down in the housing when you drive around & eventually fail.

I would say you're correct, but every time something like this comes up, it's usually the bulb not seated 100%. You can use a large screwdriver to twist the adjustment screw on the back of the headlight to raise/lower the beam. If the bulb isn't seated right though, it's going to be moving up and down in the housing when you drive around & eventually fail.

Thank for for the suggestion.

And just to make sure, this is not normal?

After some googling, some people said it was normal to have the driver side low beam a bit higher.

The drivers side should not be higher than the passenger side. So, no it's not normal how you have it now.

hid projectors aimed - note they get lower on the drivers side to avoid blinding oncoming traffic -

2ZGGmLi.jpg

hid projectors aimed - note they get lower on the drivers side to avoid blinding oncoming traffic -

The drivers side should not be higher than the passenger side. So, no it's not normal how you have it now.

I went back to reinstall it and you were right! I guess it wasn't 100 percent flush. It was actually the passager side that was sitting too low. Its still just a little bit too low but a lot better than before.

Thank you webby!

HsIwkyF.jpg

Back