Replacing Si Wheels

Baddog671

MD
Vehicle Model
All Stock '15 Si
Body Style
Sedan
I bought my DynoBlue Coupe on Memorial Day and thinking about replacing these boat anchors it's equipped with on each corner. Since I'm looking for lighter but without killing my wallet, of course the Enkei RPF1's have grabbed my attention. I don't mind it being a "common wheel" as I live in the country and don't see Si's that often, especially one's sporting RPF1's.

I'm thinking of dropping down to 17's paired with 225/45. I don't like stretching, so 17x7.5 or 17x7 would be fine for me. No cambering or anything, maybe a small drop in the future. Just an old fashioned wheel/tire combo.

What offset would be ideal for that size wheel? Also, the 17x7 is listed as 14.9 pounds. Isn't the Si wheel 23-24 pounds?

Thanks guys

The only offset I'm seeing listed for the rpf1 is +45 in 17x7...unless you've found some used that came in another size? The 2012-13 si's had a 17x7+45 wheel stock. So it'd look identical to a 2012/13 SI. It'd just be significantly lighter. If you don't like that look, you could go with wheel spacers, or look at other widths offered on the rpf1.

just know that a lot of people run the 9" wide rpf1's because the spoke pattern changes at that width. Below 9" wide the spokes are raised outward.
uypZYiQ.jpg

below 9" wide =
9TFefMT.jpg

17x9" wide =
YuWC4EI.jpg

Damn, the wider you go the better the wheel looks :/

Reactions: Nix
17x9 35 offset is good and stance bro camber is unnecessary. You could roll your fenders just to keep it safe.

The 2015 wheels weigh in at 29lbs

That ST looks damn nice.....

I had an Focus SE. Biggest POS I have owned, and that's coming from a Ford guy. Traded it in with a long list of issues at 15,000 miles and 1.5 years old. Dealerships would not help fix it. This is my first import. The ST has some balls but man they torque-steer something fierce...

Yeah, I don't want any camber, and I'm not gonna roll the fenders. "Small drop" would be ~1" if they have springs for that much. Can't drop low around here or you'll hit everything.

29 pounds is absurd!

you're correct. I just read it again. For what it's worth, the 7's up to the 8.5's will all look the same. They don't change shape till the 9's.

Can you shoot me a PM webby? I'm trying to message you but it says I'm "Spamming" ???

This will give you an idea of what you're looking for. 17x8 +42. 225/40/17 Michelin tires and a little lower than 1". Bc coils. I drove the car through every road I drive at normal speeds to make sure I was comfortable driving everywhere and not having to worry about "being low".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
I bought my DynoBlue Coupe on Memorial Day and thinking about replacing these boat anchors it's equipped with on each corner. Since I'm looking for lighter but without killing my wallet, of course the Enkei RPF1's have grabbed my attention. I don't mind it being a "common wheel" as I live in the country and don't see Si's that often, especially one's sporting RPF1's.

I'm thinking of dropping down to 17's paired with 225/45. I don't like stretching, so 17x7.5 or 17x7 would be fine for me. No cambering or anything, maybe a small drop in the future. Just an old fashioned wheel/tire combo.

What offset would be ideal for that size wheel? Also, the 17x7 is listed as 14.9 pounds. Isn't the Si wheel 23-24 pounds?

Thanks guys
It's a lightweight, affordable, reliable wheel set. That's why they're so common... I'm looking at those too! I am also considering going to 17 inch wheels. I'm watching this post to see what other comments/advice is offered

This will give you an idea of what you're looking for. 17x8 +42. 225/40/17 Michelin tires and a little lower than 1". Bc coils. I drove the car through every road I drive at normal speeds to make sure I was comfortable driving everywhere and not having to worry about "being low".
Where do you get those taillights?

Will they work on 2015 civic si?

Im sure they will, you will have to do some modifications to the harness to make hem fit your Si like I did for the 3rd brake light.

I got mine for a steal of price, I don't think they are worth the 900 they are asking for them at Honda.

I wont be buying anything until Spring unfortunately. Here in a few months I'm going to be needing some winter steelies and tires, so that'll come first.

I also like the WedsSport TC105n, although they are a bit more spendy. If I could find a set of TC005's I'd be on it like white on rice, but they were discontinued years ago :(

Reactions: Nix
Back