07TLX

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
Since there is no section for reviews I will post here... Sorry no pics of install...

My stock clutch went at 120k miles and after getting a price quote for 1600 bucks if the flywheel needs to be replaced I decided to go aftermarket and have someone install it...

I got a Clutchmaster Stage 1 clutch and stock replacement flywheel...

First impressions pf the clutch when I got the box is that its packaged really well and comes with clutch, pressure plate new throw out bearing and alignment tool....

Install was a PITA since my car fought death_roll and myself the entire time.

First impressions after install is the pedal feel is extremely light and grabs high and with no warning, my stock clutch had some resistance, grabbed closer to the floor and gave some warning before it grabbed. Since I could not I could not find a clear answer on break in I emailed Clutchmaster and they said easy driving for 500 miles and stay off the highway.

600 miles into the clutch and the impressions after the break in are the pedal is still extremely light, grabs high and with no warning when the clutch is "cold" but once you start driving hard and build some heat into the clutch is more manageable and grabs hard enough you feel it thru the whole drivetrain, when you shift above 5k,but I have other mods that help in shifting, stage 2 shifter, solid bushings and filled the lower motor mount, but that's for other reviews.

Overall this clutch is a good buy for stock to slightly modded vehicles and should last me another 100k with no problem.

Little info on my car.
2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan
120k miles
Injen CAI
TWM stage 2 short shifter
Solid cable and base bushings
Phantom shift knob
Custom exhaust
Hybrid HFP suspension

stay off the highway? Once you're in a gear... not sure how cruising on the highway would matter?

Yeah I dunno, guess they want you to vary the rpms, speed and gears... Longest 500 miles I have driven

Back