07TLX

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Somewhere in SEPA
Vehicle Model
Pontiac
Body Style
G8 GT
I have done the Stage 1 and currently have the Stage 2 shifter on my car and I have the cable and base bushings.

Car is a 07 Honda Civic LX Sedan.

Stage 1 kit with bushing kit was nice, the shifts where mildly shorter than stock but the shifter height stayed the same, I then added the bushing kit and the shifts changed 100% they where more precise and not as sloppy. Had a Mugen shift knob, but it has no weight to it.

Had that setup for 3 years and loved but I wanted more so I went and bought the Stage 2 and kept the bushing kit and bought the new Phantom shift knob.

First impressions after the install was, OMG what did I just do, the shifts are much shorter and the shifter height was at least 45% shorter if not more, shifts where also way more precise and solid than stock and much better than the Stage 1. I have been told my shifts are too short, but I like that.

The feeling in the shift knob while shifting is one where you know you are in gear solidly but there are no vibrations and when coupled with filling in the lower motor mount and new clutch the shifts are just perfect. Hardest part is retraining the brain on when shifting.

I decided to also get the new Phantom shift from TWM, they claim there is no major temputure changes in the shift knob, so no freezing your hand off in the winter or getting 3rd degree burns in the summer. There claim is correct, winter time temps hit between 0-30 degrees and the shift knob was cool but warmed up nicely quickly and so far with the heat it's still cool to the touch. The black finish matches my interior nicely and it has some weight it's about in between stock and skunk2

hope that once the redesign happens (and they can evaluate the situation) they'll have stuff available for the 2012/2013 quickly

Yea they make some amazing stuff... The Stage 2 shifter is like a work of art in my eyes and I hated to cover it up

Back