Revised Injen Intake for K24Z7

How is the oem intake restrictive? It does pull cool air in, has a hemholtz chamber (resonator but also provides performance benefit) and hasn't been out done by any intake other than the 3.5 inch ones...

Pull yours out of your vehicle and see the series restrictive passages the air has to flow through. There are also too many bends which is also restrictive.

My CTE kit also performed like crap with the oem intake. Although it states it's not required to have an intake on their site, the oem intake just does not allow for air to be introduced as smoothly and efficient as an intake.

With a cte kit sure. But anything other than forced induction or cams the intake is not a restriction point on this engine. Regardless of its bends.

@Bulkybear @ClearCutSi i have installed the aFe Takeda Momentum intake and while its not the best intake on the market its certainly better then the factory as noted in the Following description "The all new Takeda Momentum Sealed Intake System produces up to 20 HP and 18 lbs. x ft. of torque over stock, while outflowing the factory intake by 42%" With that being said, this intake actually utilizes the factory tubing that runs under the battery behind the left fog light. So you could assume from just the intake box this company was able to design another enclosed intake box that outperforms the factory one for 42%. Thats no small number. Secondly, earlier i said this intake is by no means the best one on the market, so its safe to say the PRL, or Rick Spec'd even that Injen V2 intake i posted more then likely outperforms and outflows our factory box and this aFe one by a long shot even more so when tuned with VitTuned!

@Bulkybear yea thats called False Advertisment and a company doing so can be crippled through lawsuits. Lets be real here.

Because there are so many variables involved with dynoing, a lawsuit would never be successful. Bulkybear is right in that independent dyno testing isn't supporting manufacture claims.

My arguement isnt the fact it says up too 20hp and 18tq, it clearly states in there description "while outflowing the factory intake by 42%" simply put you cant advertise something with a statement that direct without having proof that it does. because a dyno doesnt calculate the flow of an intake, dyno is meant to measure the horsepower/tq of a vehicle more importantly just a tool for tuning. But that statement "while outflowing the factory intake by 42%" is what im after. this argument is dircectly correlated to @Bulkybear arguement that there arent any intakes that outperform the factory intake besides 3.5", which isnt true!

Outflowing does not necessarily mean outperforming.

Bottom line: Independent dyno tests have shown that only a 3.5" intake performs better than stock while all the others are the same or worse than stock.

If you would like to support your point, please produce some independent dyno tests.

@squiggy Help me understand how an aftermarket intake system outflowing an OEM intake system on a vehicle isnt catergorized as "performing" better in that specific aspect then the OEM intake box. "outflow" within itself means it did something better then the subject it was tested against, in this instance "AIR FLOW" This arguement is NOT about which intake makes more horse power or torque and if you have dyno results to prove.

''Outflowing'' could possibly only mean that it let more junk pass through the filter into your engine. It has been proven that the ''drop-in'' filters, wich are supposed to outflow the stock one by 10-20%, aint adding any hp.

Volume is only part of the equation and not the same as volumetric efficiency. Temps, velocity, and frequency/pressure/waves need to be taken into account as well.

As well as you flow requirement. Intake A could out flow intake B in bench testing. But when the engines maximum draw is less than what intake A flows, then the flow rate of intake B does nothing. What you then have to look at are the other variables. Resonance. Scavenging. Harmonic interference. filtration efficiency. And air temperature. All of which favor our stock intake. Not to mention the stock intakes resonator does more than just cancel noise. Matter of fact noise suppression is a side affect of what it's actually designed to do. When the throttle body is shut instead of just increasing pressure in the intake, the resonator is filled with air so that the next time the throttle body is opened all that air can easily and instantly be sucked into the engine. So you don't have to wait for the flow to start again. This increased torque slightly, but also greatly increases throttle response.

Now that my understanding is much more clear on our intake design. what youre suggesting @Bulkybear is unless we're replacing our intake with 3.5" theres nothing to be changed on our OEM intake besides maybe a drop in and hps silicone hose possibly a tb spacer?! because im running a takeda only because i got it for extremely cheap, and i figured even if what theyre advertising on that intake isnt true, i could aleast rely on half of there claim.

Spacers don't do anything.

The hose probably doesn't either. No one has run tests on just the hoses though.

@squiggy Do spacers not do anything for our cars, i thought they worked well on 8th gens?!

Maybe according to:

butt_dyno_detail_1_grande.png

No, spacers and the hose doesn't make a difference other than maybe sound. That said they look nice. 3.5 inch intakes really only make a difference when going forced induction or maybe a rbc manifold swap. Other than that the flow of the oem intake is sufficient.

Also, like to mention even on the 8th there was someone that ran the stock intake over 400 whp from what I've been told.

And don't worry too much about these claims and numbers. Unless your strictly after numbers. My car is my toy. I have fun in it. Its not a race car. So I'd argue if it feels better to you then run with it. Theres literally no mod out there for our cars that doesn't have a down side.

Back