8th Gen Reviving FA5 from the Dead

jpak828

Sup guys, I posted Part 1 awhile back. Well there's been some changes to my FA5 but, here's a recap.
I won my FA5 from an auction and this is what it looked like when we picked it up from the junkyard

For the next couple of months it sat at my family's shop and slowly started to come together. The car was finished up a couple of months later and had to do a shoot first.
Photoshoot 1st day with my FA5.

Photoshoot with my buddy and his S2K.

BBQ 8th Meet with some fellow members.

My first 2 mods! 32% tint all around and mini H1 retros.

Next up, HFP Lip Kit, Mugen visors, and JDM emblems.

Finally got a deal on an 09 bumper with yellow fogs. Also, had some sidemarkers installed and ordered/installed the asia front lip. Also, dropped the car on BMAX T1R Coilovers with Godspeed camber arms.

Import Alliance Spring ATL and I finally got some wheels before the event. 17x8x45 sbc rpf1s.

Went a couple of months without modding or doing anything to the car. Wanted to go a different direction with the car thus, the de-modding began.
I sold most of my mods and wanted to start fresh with the car. Performance direction was in my mind and nothing else therefore, the modding began yet again.
I ordered a Full Race 3" exhaust, bought a skunk 2 alpha header from a buddy, and bought a 3.5" Hybrid Racing CAI from another fellow member. Also, ordered a rear Hasport motor mount 62A. Dropped the car off at Origin Fabrication and several hours later I was full bolt on ready. Loaded up flashpro and ran on a base map for a couple of weeks.

Wanted to see my gains so, I had Mainstream Performance tune the car.

Not bad considering I made 178 whp and 132 tq bone stock.
Clutch started to go out so, I ordered a Exedy Stage 1 Clutch with a 8lb Exedy flywheel. Once again, dropped the car off at Origin Fabrication and had it swapped out. Picked it up a couple of days later and the car felt amazing. With the 8lb flywheel, the clutch grabs instantly and pulls hard. A lot better than my previous Autozone type clutch which felt sloppy.

In the meantime, I was returning the car back to OEM stock so, I had both my fenders replaced, swapped my 07 bumper back on the car, removed the mugen visors, and replaced JDM emblems with OEM ones. The car eventually looked like this.

Neuspeed Sport Springs and Konis all around installed by Origin Fabrication. Loving the drop and ride. Highly recommend them.
12467668243_2385b7ba23_z.jpg
12467668243_2385b7ba23_z.jpg

Most would say that I'm crazy for changing my car the way it was. I don't care. I can honestly say that I enjoy my car now than it was before. My goal is function>form. I also, want to keep the car close to an OEM look. I'm no where near done with the car I plan on more mods for the future. Thanks guys for looking and opinions are welcomed. I don't think I'll be looking to a TB or a ported manifold anytime soon. I'd like to finish the car then work on the engine bay.​

Build

Suspension Mods
Ingalls Front Camber Bolts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Koni Orange STR.T Front Strut
Koni Yellow Rear Struts

Exterior Mods
Honda Factory Performance Front Lip
Honda Factory Performance Side Skirts
Honda Factory Performance Rear Lip
OEM Visors
OEM Foglights
DRL Yellow Bulbs

Engine Mods
3.5" Hybrid Racing Cold Air Intake
Skunk 2 Alpha Header
3" Full Race Exhaust
62A Hasport Rear Motor Mount
Hybrid Racing EM1 CMC
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Disc
Exedy 8lb Flywheel
Flashpro
Tune (Mainstream Performance 211 whp)

Interior Mods
Polished Stock Knob
08 SI Shift Boot

Future Mods
Enkei RPF1s 17x9+35
Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40/17

Alignment
Re-tune

Last edited:
That's quite the journey. I like what you have done with the car so far. Function > form for sure!

Really nice to see how you've transformed it from how you got it. Paint looks killer.

Nice to see an Si being saved. Looks like your familys shop does some great bodywork. I like the look of the car now simple and clean nothing wrong with that! How do you like the full race exhaust?

Welcome to the site. Nice car! The story to go with it is pretty cool too. I like the build so far.

Nice to see an Si being saved. Looks like your familys shop does some great bodywork. I like the look of the car now simple and clean nothing wrong with that! How do you like the full race exhaust?
Thanks. I love my full race exhaust. Quiet at cruising speeds but, gets loud and aggressive when you open it up. Recommend it.

Back