Rice Thread

56281472_270134957197636_3026446690786738176_n.jpg

that car wouldn't survive a drive on maine roads, I would beat it with my blue 2 132hp engine with three sp auto. The front would be rip to pieces, the gas tank would have a huge hole it :bananawhipdance:

What part of Maine are we talking about here? I've driven all the way to Madawaska and back along with almost every place in between for various reasons over the years in my lowered Stealth that is about as far off the ground as that STi looks in the pic. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it may not cause as much damage as you're claiming. My car for comparison:DSCN4524.JPG

My srt-4 is being sold and its only lowered a 1inch and I can only go down main roads with it, handle's very poorly on bumpy lousy roads. There is no way to fix it. The stock springs suk too. the only repair is to sell it to a teenager called Elmo. the Honda suspension is going to stay stock, loose is fast:rantsmiley: I wouldn't want your car either.:thumbsdown:

My srt-4 is being sold and its only lowered a 1inch and I can only go down main roads with it, handle's very poorly on bumpy lousy roads. There is no way to fix it. The stock springs suk too. the only repair is to sell it to a teenager called Elmo. the Honda suspension is going to stay stock, loose is fast:rantsmiley: I wouldn't want your car either.:thumbsdown:

This guy. Why the **** would u add that last sentence???

Lowered cars on bad roads-don't work, cause all kinds of damage, parts start flying in the air, fenders get dented, wheels broken, shocks broken on and on:worms: If you like lowered cars just cut your coil spring with a torch see how that works:bunny:I see a shock or strut go right though the fender. What you do is up to you, I don't care how many wheel checks or parts you go though. You can run a 215 50 17 tire on the stock wheels. a 50 is better than 45 on bad roads. I am running 225 50 17 on the srt-4 and it helps but I don't have much clearance from the fender. On a car like the Honda si stock suspension a 50 would work very well. The roads are the worst I have ever seen either you realize that and adj or pay with broken stuff. actually when I think about the tires are working ok on this car-215 45 17 with all season maybe I should just save my money and keeping fixing the VFR 800 it is very good on rotting roads. Oh in the pic notice the nice driveway, well mine looks like this

Attachments

• P1011308.JPG
    P1011308.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Well, I think part of the issue may be the salt damage to the cars up in Maine, that takes its own toll on the cars regardless of the roads. Not to mention, a driver mod helps; Maine roads aren't a race track surface no matter what a car looks like. But, either way, I never had any issues driving around whether it be Bangor/Orono, Presque Isle, Caribou, Madawaska, Van Buren, or other places in Maine. True, a lowered car isn't ideal in rough terrain or torn up streets; but, my car survived its visits up there and the coilovers that are installed still work and have for the past 12yrs since I put them in.

why would you want to put up with a poorly handling car, most coilovers are absolute garbage and can snap in half if hit a rut hard. My srt-4 was badly lowered when I got it with 40,000, it took a lot of dough to fix it. Never do it again. If you stayed on the hwy it would work ok, but most of my driving is over bad roads. These cars can also cause a big accident driven way over the speed limit-hit a pothole and veer into the other lane. It looks cool till you actually drive it, then its awful.:tiny violin:Intergra r model 2001 with 82K for $29,000 a Canadian model -one of 250. Ebay. Way over priced is you ask me.

Last edited:
Back