Photos Rims/Wheels on your 9th Gen Civic: Show me some pics!

That looks absolutely gorgeous!! I'm jealous! The only thing that's bugging me is the crazy space between the edge of the rim and tire, but hey my opinion! I DO love the drop though.........badness!! :)

g35 wheels.
18x8 30 offset
2012-04-09_125041.jpg

2012-04-09_125029.jpg

2012-04-09_120450.jpg

2012-04-09_120718.jpg

welcome to the site! :thumbsup: Car looks good. Any other plans in the works?

Thank you! Yeah, i want to do alot of stuff over a long period of time. hahah im not sure whats going to come next though. I want to drop it, winnn420. what is it that you said i had to do to drop it?

Pick if you want lowering springs ~$250, or Coilovers ~$1000 or more

Like webby said, decide if you want springs or if you want coilovers. If you just want it for the looks of lowering it you don't need coilovers, unless you plan on doing some track days with the car or if you want the ability to adjust the height of the car occasionally.

If you go with just springs you can get any set of 8th gen Si springs and the only thing you have to do to make them fit properly is use the same rear upper insulators used for the 8th gen (Honda part # 52691-sna-a01) which will cost around $45 for a pair of them (you also have to very slightly modify the insulator, cutting out the center but it's simple). If you use 8th gen springs add a quarter inch to whatever the mfgr says the drop will be, due to difference in design of the 2 gens. If you're not comfortable using 8th gen springs I know H&R is very close to having some available on the market for 9th gen (if they're not available already, I haven't checked in a while).

Coilovers are a bit more difficult but redshift racing who is a vendor here does have them available ready to mount. I thought I heard BC has coilovers available or very soon to be available.

Hey guys its the owner of this car. I was just checking on this forum because winnn420 told to me to stop by!

thanks for stopping by! It was really good to finally see another 9th Si coupe on the road, actually the first 9th gen Si coupe or sedan. I guess that's not a terrible thing, I liked how rare it was to see another WRX while driving it also.

There's one other guy on here who lives in Houston and he PM'd me about meeting up but he hasn't been back online in a while. He said they meet at Planet Zero off Westheimer now so we need to meet up there one Saturday night, probably will be the only two 9th gens but it was nice to see them side by side, and I really did like the stock wheels & badges done in black.

Lol..I'm a little slow at times, I didn't even see your first post when I answered the spring question. Had no idea I was responding to you. Yeah you already told me you just want to lower it a little for looks, you definitely don't need coilovers. You can't get the same springs I have because they're off the market while road magnet redesigns them but you don't want them, they're a sleazy company. If I hadn't been lied to by road magnet and told they were for 9th gen, I would have gone with a well known, reputable brand for my 8th gen spring choice, which is what you should do.

thanks for stopping by! It was really good to finally see another 9th Si coupe on the road, actually the first 9th gen Si coupe or sedan. I guess that's not a terrible thing, I liked how rare it was to see another WRX while driving it also.

There's one other guy on here who lives in Houston and he PM'd me about meeting up but he hasn't been back online in a while. He said they meet at Planet Zero off Westheimer now so we need to meet up there one Saturday night, probably will be the only two 9th gens but it was nice to see them side by side, and I really did like the stock wheels & badges done in black.
Hahaha alright dude awesome that sounds like a lot of fun! I am busy this saturday but maybe we can do it the saturday following. and alright ill check to see if they do have any lowering springs for 9th gen now. thanks!

If they are not ready yet I would still say wait for the H&R's or someone else to release the 9th gen, you're much better off going with something specifically designed for your car, like I thought I was doing. It won't be long before there's multiple brands to choose from on the market.

That's cool about meeting up..maybe some day we'll actually have a few of them together in the same spot :)

Back