RIP to my Si :'(

James Dearborn

Fort Hood, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Last month I slid off the road when I swerved to avoid an animal, and my Si got up close and personal with a Sierra and Yukon.. As sad as I am to see my car go, I can definitely testify to Honda engineering as I was able to walk away only banged and bruised. I'll still be around on the forums, but it's safe to say I won't have another Si anytime soon..
Car front end left.jpgCar front end right.jpgCar rear right.jpgCar right rear.jpg

Won't your insurance cover the majority of it? As sad as this incident is, wouldn't this be a great opportunity to purchase a 2013 Si?
I'm serious.

:eek2:

did you roll it? Glad to hear you made it out without any injuries though. wow... :sadwavey:

but it's safe to say I won't have another Si anytime soon.
any reason for saying this ^

:ohsnap: That's so sad :( I'm really sorry this happened.
I'm always freaked that a deer is going to shoot out in front of me in the area we live in. They're everywhere!

Geico is covering 21,637 and GAP is covering the rest. I just got out of the Army though, so it'll be a minute before I dive into another car payment while I get situated in a new job. The car didn't roll, but I spun sideways into a Yukon so I think that's where the scrunch in the top came from. It really is a miracle that I got out of it alive after seeing the pictures.
Btw I said I won't have another anytime soon because I'm afraid of what the insurance premium is going to look like :pout:

Sorry to hear about this. At least you're fine and that matters more.

Geico is covering 21,637 and GAP is covering the rest. I just got out of the Army though, so it'll be a minute before I dive into another car payment while I get situated in a new job. The car didn't roll, but I spun sideways into a Yukon so I think that's where the scrunch in the top came from. It really is a miracle that I got out of it alive after seeing the pictures.
Btw I said I won't have another anytime soon because I'm afraid of what the insurance premium is going to look like :pout:

Honda - Built Army strong.
So glad you're okay.

Seeing as how you have geico,... I'm guessing you have a pretty good driving record? I recall threads in the past on other forums where people couldn't get approved with geico because of their past driving record. Regardless, your premiums will probably go up some on your next renewal. It won't be a crazy change.

http://www.geico.com/claims/claimsprocess/accident-impact-on-rate/

they also have accident forgiveness if you meet certain criteria ^

You should call Geico and ask if you have accident forgiveness. My Gf works for Geico in the military department. She says you should call them and you should seek your answers. From what I have heard they are pretty forgiving.

If I could do it again I'd probably have an STi right now. I would NEVER buy another VW though, had a couple and they were complete garbage after the warranty was up. All the electronics went for a ****.

Back