Running out of gas!!! D:

VNPP

Rolla, MO
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
FG3 Coupe
So, i ran out of gas...
About halfway through the gas station parking lot my engine started making a very loud noise that didn't sound normal. I turned the engine off and coasted to the pump. The engine made that noise for total of ~3 seconds before i turned it off.

After i turned it off, I filled up halfway and drove to work like normal, but there was still a slight rumble. Did i damage the mechanical components at all? Or do i just need to let it run normal for a while? Any advise would be helpful!

Running out of gas in your car is a much more serious event than many people think. It can cause damage to your car that may cause hundreds of dollars (if not more) to fix.

When you run out of gas in your car, there are a number of parts of the vehicle that can be damaged. For example, running a car without gas can damage the fuel pump, fuel filter, or push dirt through out the fuel line of the vehicle.

To help protect yourself against risk of running out of gas, consider filling up your tank anytime your fuel indicator falls below 1/4 a tank. For additional information about running out of Gas, try visiting other articles on this site.

If you continue to hear abnormal sounds, take it to the dealer

If you continue to hear abnormal sounds, take it to the dealer
Yeah thats my plan, my friend said running out of gas is bad for efi cars, so it spooked me a little bit

Back