S2000 projector beam

mhjung

Rancho Cucamonga
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone. I'm gonna get an s2000 projector retrofit done on Monday =] super excited. Saw this picture from the forum image.jpgis it me or does it look like the beam has three different "levels" (don't know if this is the correct term)

It looks like 3 because the 2 projectors are not leveled to each other. The one to the right needs to be lowered some to be inline with the left one.

Yes....you will still use the stock leveling.

Do you plan to use your high beams at any point? The s2000 will only give you low beams, because it's not a bi-xenon projector. If you paint the high beam reflector bowl any color, you're going to essentially ruin any chance of high beams being used.

1557497_10151838598561682_188249153_n.jpg

this is pretty close to what you'd have if you run s2000's in the low beams, and then leave the reflector chrome so that you can have high beams that are functional.

@webby i was thinking of painting the Highbeam housing yellow and then putting a white led in there. In theory I thought it would come out yellow lol

I guess it'd depend on the led style. Some have the LEDs all around the stem. Those would all be useless in shining light forward if it's trying to reflect off a painted shield.

Example-
image.jpg

You'd have next to no light output (unless you don't care) with something like this. You'd have like 3 LEDs shining forward on the tip. The rest would be trying to reflect off a painted surface, which I don't see as being be effective.

Back