Scion FR-S on the ring

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
scionfr_sn03kgped_opt.jpg

We've been waiting, rather patiently we might add, for Toyota to bring out its latest sports car for what seems like millenniums. This new coupe will be wearing a Scion badge and go by the name FR-S, which stands for "front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sport." It's the "R" and "S" that has enthusiasts eager to lay eyes on this Scion in the flesh. A concept version was trotted out at the 2011 New York Auto Show, but spy photographers managed to capture a camo-covered development mule adding "Germany" to the stamps in its passport book.

What specific area of Germany, you ask? Just a little town called Nürburg, which is home to a slice of asphalt you may have heard of before. This means Toyota engineers are fine-tuning the sports car, and the Nürburgring is sure to provide lots of data points for them to dissect. Data points make engineers happy, and happy engineers make fun-to-drive cars.

Looking over the pics, it appears those engineers have ditched the concept's rear diffuser but added in a rear spoiler. We can't wait to see what else is in store once that swirls come off.

===================

scionfr_sn06kgped.jpg

:facepalm: looks like disappointment is hiding under the swirl camo

• Staff
I like the way you think. I was rather sad.

I am still hopeful it turns out to be something worthwhile... even if it only means it will spur competitors to make more compelling offerings.

Back