Scraping?

maark808

I find it funny how people that lower their car 1.5" and scrapes how is that possible ? smh -__-

I am lowered a inch roughly and depending on how much weight is in my car or how large the speed bump or the angle of a entrance I can scrape a little,

Stock ride height cars can scrape even...

I am lowered a inch roughly and depending on how much weight is in my car or how large the speed bump or the angle of a entrance I can scrape a little,

Stock ride height cars can scrape even...
I think you guys are just going 25 mph over speed bumps, I go over them at 1 mph and I'm lowered 3 inch no big deal. Or is it that hawaii has better roads lol..

I think you guys are just going 25 mph over speed bumps, I go over them at 1 mph and I'm lowered 3 inch no big deal. Or is it that hawaii has better roads lol..

I am in the one of the worst roads state.....Pennsylvania...

I am in the one of the worst roads state.....Pennsylvania...
in mass there are two seasons. winter, and road repair. mass roads are pure ****. ill take a pic of my driveway that i scrape on occasion with a stock height.

Someone I know is lowered on coilovers (over 2" drop) and broke his oil pan twice.

Someone I know is lowered on coilovers (over 2" drop) and broke his oil pan twice.
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't our oil pan tucked in a little higher than the car? cause thats how mines is.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't our oil pan tucked in a little higher than the car? cause that's how mines is.
Usually that comes from riding over a object that gets pushed into that area, as opposed to something like a speed bump..... a lot of it can be avoided by following far enough behind the car in front of us to see what's coming in time not to straddle objects.
As for the worst roads in America, having driven in most of the large cities we have, it's more of a "large City" problem than a State problem, though there are States that have crappy out of town roads as well. Which is why I wouldn't lower mine, mine having 6" is livable, but I could straddle most stuff with my Jeep's 12+" .........

My oil pan :/

bfc32242.jpg

this is the sway bar

f0f47f76.jpg

excuse me sir i believe you left your swaybar on the ground over there

It also depends on the speed bump, there are some by my work that I can scrape the bottom of my stock height Si easily if you go faster than 6mph, tested multiple times in my old EX and seems to be working so far for the Si. Can only imagine what it's going to be like when I get my coilovers...the people by my work are extremely impatient and have honked at me numerous times for going so slow to not bottom out the car while they go over these things in their Mercedes SUVs at 15mph+ :banghead:

It also depends on the speed bump, there are some by my work that I can scrape the bottom of my stock height Si easily if you go faster than 6mph, tested multiple times in my old EX and seems to be working so far for the Si. Can only imagine what it's going to be like when I get my coilovers...the people by my work are extremely impatient and have honked at me numerous times for going so slow to not bottom out the car while they go over these things in their Mercedes SUVs at 15mph+ :banghead:
That's when I'd stop while hovering over a speed bump, put on my 4 ways, and get out of my car and do a push up to make it look like I'm checking clearance, then slowly get back in my car and go from there, just to see if they'd honk the next time. I probably won't, but I'd sure slow down even more..... Same thing if ppl ride up close behind me, I slow down, and most figure it out, that we'll all make better time if they back off, then I'll speed up again(I drive 3 to 8 over usually).
My MC has a low clearance for some of these speed bumps..........
Don't our roads have enough defects without them manufacturing hazards to add to our obstacles ?

I'm probably 3in if not more lowered and the only time I scrape is on inclines that level out, no problems with speed bumps. Aftermarket exhaust is what usually scrapes to.

Back