Shift Boot Broken

CamDoz

Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
So I was recently installing a new shift knob into the 2013 civic si and when I was trying to remove the clips detaching the boot from the knob the clip broke. I still managed to put on the new shift knob but now its literally impossible to take of the screw it came with and the clip is broken. Any suggestions on what to do? How much will this cost me?

Thanks, Cam

Pictures of exactly what broke and how it's sitting now would really help...

1/2 copper pipe. Slide it over the shaft and wrap outside with electrical tape and slide the boot clips over the tape it's very tight and has held up great the boot covers everything

I think part of what he's attempting to tell us is that the new knob won't come off now. He needs to furnish more info if he wants help.

I think part of what he's attempting to tell us is that the new knob won't come off now. He needs to furnish more info if he wants help.
correct, problem fixed tho. My clips are still broken. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this

correct, problem fixed tho. My clips are still broken. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. A good place to start here is with pictures of the area. If it's just the retainer clips piece that is broken, I don't know if you can buy that by itself.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. A good place to start here is with pictures of the area. If it's just the retainer clips piece that is broken, I don't know if you can buy that by itself.

I had that problem I believe it's part of the boot

I will try to post pics on my solution. I didn't want to fork out that much for a boot lol
Can't blame you. I have used a rubber grommet that fits tightly on the shifter, to hold up a boot. Actually two grommets stacked is even better. Put them in before the boot goes on and slide them up after the boot is in place by pinching them from through the boot material. Home Depot/Lowes for the grommets.

Back