Shift boot problem

It's unclipping from the retainer?

If that's the case, I would take apart the shift boot and see if you could bend the clips inward, so that it clips on tight

Well the "ledge" on the shifter grabs the plastic clip in the shift boot and it clips but when I shift the boot unclips and falls

Well the "ledge" on the shifter grabs the plastic clip in the shift boot and it clips but when I shift the boot unclips and falls

yea that little piece underneath the knob that the boot clips to is the retainer.
I would try my suggestion ^^ just be gentle to not break the clips off, maybe warm them up and then bend them just a bit inwards.
If not, i would drive by the dealer and show them, they might order you a new boot and retainer if you can show them how it just pops off when you shift

Just got a message back from them. The plastic clip is part of the boot and not available separately, sorry

Anyone experience cracking on the vinyl boot, mine is original for the car ( only like 14,000 kms ) and there is a crack where it is bent over itself, noticed last night cleaning out the car.

This is BS. I would talk to someone else. That's not normal wear and tear. By that logic, unprovoked premature engine damage would be classified wear and tear based on the sole fact that it had been running.

If something breaks under warranty via intended use, and it's not a wear and tear maintenance part that is designed to wear out, such as oil or brake pads, then it should be covered.

Last edited:
Tell 'em you'll write Honda home office, couldn't get a fair assessment at the dealer. They don't like that, they'll do what they should have done in the 1st place.

This is BS. I would talk to someone else. That's not normal wear and tear. By that logic, unprovoked premature engine damage would be classified wear and tear based on the sole fact that it had been running.

:yeahthat:

If something breaks under warranty via intended use, and it's not a wear and tear maintenance part that is designed to wear out, such as oil or brake pads, then it should be covered.

Tell 'em you'll write Honda home office, couldn't get a fair assessment at the dealer. They don't like that, they'll do what they should have done in the 1st place.

:yeahthat:

Back