Shift Boot retainer.

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey everyone so my little retainer on my shifter boot finally went out so now the leather boot isn't held up anymore.
I can't seem to find a part number on Honda's website for. Can anyone provide me with one or a solution on how to keep it held up?

Mine went out at just 1000 miles I've kept it as is for the past 20k it kinda stays out of the way. However in the past I've seen solutions posted here.

Honda doesn't sell just the retainer by itself, you have to buy a whole new boot to get a new retainer with it.

When mine went out, I just took the retainer out and put a zip tie on the underside of the boot, worked great

my shift boot retainer broke last week because my little cousin pulled on the boot by accident. now i'm stuck with it falling the whole time i'm driving around its very annoying. :(

Yeah mine did too. It's driving me nuts and I've been looking on how to replace it lol! It's just one of those little things that'll drive me crazy until it's fixed lol

Question is how does it break unless force is put on the part in a wrong way? I've removed my boot/retainer fine several times. Don't mean ill by my question just curious.

Zip tie or even a bread bag twist tie could work fine to hold it up, as far as a cheap free fix otherwise you need a whole new boot/retainer. No one has tried warranting it? Usually most places look by first time breaks if it's nothing major. I do it all the time at work. 2nd or 3rd time questions start being asked.

Wrap black electrical tape around the nut on the retainer a couple times. did that for mine and it stays up and doesnt even look like it ever broke

Back