Short shifter

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm looking for a short shifter for my '14 Si coupe. I don't know much about the different brands and build quality. Also, when upgrading to a short shifter can anyone recommend other improvements to do to it at the same time? Any advice on the direction to go for the short shifter and such is greatly appreciated.

Hybrid racing, corsport, acuity and others make metal shift and base bushing upgrades you can get versus the the stock rubber.

Buddy club is the most common short shifter you'll find for the 9th. See the quoted posts below for more info on each item

As some of you know, Buddy Club's Full Assembly short shifter for the 9th Gen Civics was just released several days ago. We have some great pics of it, and we're doing a forum promotion as well. Just use the special discount code "9thcivic_bc_shifter" when checking out to save $15 instantly! Discount good until June 14th, 2013. EDIT: PROMOTION HAS ENDED, BUT FEEL FREE TO EMAIL CUSTOMERCARE@PROCIVIC.COM AND MENTION YOUR FORUM NAME FOR A DISCOUNT!

The 2012+ Civic Buddy Club full assembly short shifter manages to produce an amazing 33% reduction in throw, and is very reasonably priced as well. Plus, your shift knob will also sit about 1 inch higher than stock for easier shifting. The installation is straightforward as well.

Link to purchase: http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-73_147/product-482/index.html

Some nice pics showing this quality piece:

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%201.jpg

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%202.jpg

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%203.jpg

And an unboxing video explaining the details on the part:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peul2cbubnM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKtsqeGT7Vs9kyHQU4Ie1fQ

Hey all,

A couple of weeks ago, Russ at Acuity reached out to me asking me if I would review a set of this shift linkage bushings. I have Hybrid racing bushings installed already so I thought it would be fun to give a comparison.

Here is the packaging, I am a sucker for branding so I love the way the bushings are packaged:
10h8zyc.jpg

Contents of the package are 2 cotter pins, 2 retaining rings, and 2 bushings:
2cxuxab.jpg

Top of the bushings:
iwncdk.jpg

Bottom of the bushings:
m8ftw6.jpg

Initial impressions and install:

The smaller bushing looks very similar to the Hybrid Racing bushing set which isn't a surprise seeing as it is just a solid bushing. The larger bushing has a nice purple anodized color and looks well constructed. The outer portion of the bushing is plastic, with a gap on one side to ensure a snug fit within the cable. There are also two o-rings around the bushing to further ensure a snug fit.

Installation was very simple, for me I removed my Hybrid Racing bushings but for somebody who has stock bushings installed, there are lots of DIYs on how to remove those. Install was a breeze and fitment is perfect. I will get a picture of how they look installed, but I really like the purple anodizing and how it pops in the engine bay. Although less subtle than the Hybrid Racing, depending on the look you're going for, the Acuity bushings scream "modified" which doesn't hurt my feelings at all, although some might prefer a more stealthy look.

As far as feel goes, I can only compare them to my Hybrid Racing bushings as I have had them installed for a year or so. There is no difference to me in shift feel which is comforting. There is no slack or play in shifter feel and shifting feels very precise. I will continue to use them and update. I actually see no reason to take them off and put the Hybrid Racing bushings back on as the performance so far is identical, plus I love the look.

A big shout out to Russ at Acuity for sending me these bushings. If anyone is looking at upgrading their bushings, you cannot go wrong with these. Check their website out at:

ACUITY

Acuity just released their short shifter, it's expensive as hell but has so many adjustments on it that it just blows out any competition. Buddy club is a cheap alternative but honestly after running the buddy club then switching to the acuity SS I really feel I wasted my money on the buddy club

Acuity just released their short shifter, it's expensive as hell but has so many adjustments on it that it just blows out any competition. Buddy club is a cheap alternative but honestly after running the buddy club then switching to the acuity SS I really feel I wasted my money on the buddy club
I was looking at the acuity. How does it feel? I'm pretty sure for the price it is well built. How do you like the adjustments? About how far is the throw from being in first to going into second compared to stock?
Hybrid racing, corsport, acuity and others make metal shift and base bushing upgrades you can get versus the the stock rubber.

Buddy club is the most common short shifter you'll find for the 9th. See the quoted posts below for more info on each item
Thank you for the info @webby. I'll look into it more

I know buddy club was bashed above; however, I love mine. It is extremely crisp and shifts like a dream! My build is anything but cheap parts and I feel I made a great decision with my purchase.

I know buddy club was bashed above; however, I love mine. It is extremely crisp and shifts like a dream! My build is anything but cheap parts and I feel I made a great decision with my purchase.
Does the buddy have adjustments and does it really sit about an inch higher? I don't know how I feel about the higher sitting. How long have you had it as well?

Thank you. I like hearing different reviews before making a decision and yours has helped as well. Guess I have some research to do on both of the two before making the choice.

I have aluminum bushings from CORSPORT and the BC shifter. It sits lower, not higher and the throw is much shorter than stock.

Not trying to bash it :confused: its like buying a civic compared to [insert ridiculously nice riding/expensive car here] ... For the price its good, but like the saying goes you get what you pay for and the Acuity shifter is HELLA expensive

The Acuity shifter is amazing, and to me it was worth the price. I have had the Buddy Club short shifter, and CT Engineering shift adapter and nothing has made shifting feel as nearly as good as the Acuity unit. I did a review of it on YouTube. If you don't go with Acuity, go with CT. The OEM shifter with the CT adapter is a better feel than Buddy Club, but the Acuity is in another category.

The Acuity shifter is amazing, and to me it was worth the price. I have had the Buddy Club short shifter, and CT Engineering shift adapter and nothing has made shifting feel as nearly as good as the Acuity unit. I did a review of it on YouTube. If you don't go with Acuity, go with CT. The OEM shifter with the CT adapter is a better feel than Buddy Club, but the Acuity is in another category.
@Hella JDM can you please put a link up for your YouTube video. I'd like to see it.

hmmmmmm interesting guys... even the buddy club seems expensive to me... but looking at what's there its not bad for the money, considering that its a complete assembly... but CT engineering makes a little piece of machined steel that you just swap out....

http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-73_147/product-935/index.html

or go buy an 8th SS adapter on Ebay on the cheap! people will razz you about it being made in China, but that's the price you pay for being a value shopper... ;)

Last edited:
Back