Si from Guam

This thread makes me miss Guam, lived there in the early 90s, father was Navy, would like to move back but I hear work is hard to find there except for a few specific industries. Weather is nice aside from the occasional typhoon, longest we went without power was 2 weeks after Omar, wasn't that bad except I hated powdered milk. I learned to love fried spam burgers haha. Now we are back in the landlocked mid west and man do I miss being minutes away from the beach, my dad used to take me Scuba Diving at Polaris and Gap Gap.

What does the Hondata flashpro do and have you had any issues with swapping out the stereo? Specifically with the can-bus?

For someone interested in maxing MPG rather than HP and Torque would this help? Is it novice/user friendly?

Based on my own level of automotive ECU idiocy I'm going to say that a person who tries to mess with the brains and vital functions of their car with no knowledge of how to do, should definitely leave it to a professional. I've got a Flashpro for my 8th gen, and I don't try to do anything with it, because I know I'll blow my car up somehow. :giggle: Well that's not entirely true. I've tried to datalog a few times, but as for trying to change fuel maps, or anything else...nope.

I can't recall having ever seen somebody that's had their car tuned specifically for fuel economy. I have no doubts though that there are PLENTY of people that have multiple tunes on their laptops that they can switch between. Load up a fuel econ map for Mon-Fri, then load up the crazy horsepower map for the weekend. The short answer is yes. You can have your car tuned for max fuel efficiency, but I HIGHLY suggest you let a reputable tuner with a dyno do the work.

Last edited:
Understood, at this point I don't plan on messing with the tuning of the vehicle I was just tired of seeing people mention Hondata and not knowing what it does. I always figured it was another type of scangauge haha, guess I was wrong.

Understood, at this point I don't plan on messing with the tuning of the vehicle I was just tired of seeing people mention Hondata and not knowing what it does. I always figured it was another type of scangauge haha, guess I was wrong.

Yeah it's WAAAAAAAAY more than a Scangauge. :giggle:

whats up everyone sorry havent been updating on my thread. Anyway My car is in my buddies shop as we are on a tune. One of My boys from high school just got back on island not sure if any of you heard of him. Jason Su from souja one, if you know him then you would know about his honda crx it was on honda tuning cover. The crx is a sexy beast all motor doing 11. sec passes. Anyway we are installing the RBC mani, with 70mm throttle body and rdx injectors, cam gear, skunk2 header. I have fuel system upgrades on the way in the mail. I hope it comes soon. my previous tunes are E-tunez by vitviper. Iwill be going SC as soon as CT releases the kit, Im seriously wanna and willing to do what ever it takes to hit the 12sec barrier with full interior. That is the goal. So I'll do my best to keep those of you that are interested on my post and thank you for the likes and support. big ups!

Be sure to snap some pics of everything, and if you can take a few of the dyno's screen so others can see what kind of numbers you're putting down. :thumb:

Ok so I've got some mail today n got this
image.jpg View attachment 13079

I've decided to install the RBC manifold. I match ported n polish the manifold 70mm. And while I was at it I went ahead and did the skunk2 headers. Here are some pictures.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Now this is my first SI so if I'm a noob n you see something I might have done wrong please feel free to point them out. It would be great. Anyway so It was way harder then it looks. Specially the skunk2 header. Really had to get down there to wrench it out.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 3
Back