Si shifter knob quite cold in winter

2013SiSedan

Toronto
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I just bought a 2013 Si sedan yesterday. When I test drove it, my hand was freezing while on the gear shifter knob since it's metal. Any suggestions on how to get around that other than driving with gloves? Are there any OEM shifter knobs for the Si that I could replace it with?

Twm has a few knobs that don't change much with the temps. http://www.twmshiftknobs.com check them out. Do you keep your hand on the knob all the time? I have a metal knob it's cold but I don't hold it long due to the fact that you wear out the detent springs in your tranny

Thank you for the link, I'll definitely go through it. Hoping that there's no chance of killing your engine with any of these, as I've heard such horror stories when you get the wrong knob and end up shifting in 1st by accident when going quite fast :-o

The thing is, when you're driving in the city, you're constantly shifting gears, so it only makes sense to hold your knob to be ready to shift gears at all times.

mustang%20shift%20knob-thumb-717x477-99464.jpg

Putting a sock over it will help too.

Thank you for the link, I'll definitely go through it. Hoping that there's no chance of killing your engine with any of these, as I've heard such horror stories when you get the wrong knob and end up shifting in 1st by accident when going quite fast :-o

The thing is, when you're driving in the city, you're constantly shifting gears, so it only makes sense to hold your knob to be ready to shift gears at all times.
the knob shouldn't affect your shift pattern unless you bend the shifter. If you are going fast and throw it into first gear yes you will most likely bend valves but they warranty that stuff if you say the right things!!

the knob shouldn't affect your shift pattern unless you bend the shifter. If you are going fast and throw it into first gear yes you will most likely bend valves but they warranty that stuff if you say the right things!!
I see, I appreciate the clarification :)

Twm has a few knobs that don't change much with the temps. http://www.twmshiftknobs.com check them out. Do you keep your hand on the knob all the time? I have a metal knob it's cold but I don't hold it long due to the fact that you wear out the detent springs in your tranny
I have the twm hybrid one, it does get a little chili but nothing compared to my old ones, and it doesn't get hot

I found a genuine leather one at Walmart.com . I hear my sister in-law and father in-law are fighting over who's giving it to me :-D

I just bought a 2013 Si sedan yesterday. When I test drove it, my hand was freezing while on the gear shifter knob since it's metal. Any suggestions on how to get around that other than driving with gloves? Are there any OEM shifter knobs for the Si that I could replace it with?

This warms up with your hand on it and not too hot in summer.

Red Short Boot.jpg

Back