Skunk2 throttle body for TSX k24

DumpTruckJake

hey so it looks like skunk2 just released their 72mm throttle body for the 06-08 tsx for the k24... i just contacted them to today with questions on fitment for a 2012 si waiting for a response :wigglesmiley:

I'm not sure what the stock size is - do you?

I guess they are making big bucks cause they obviously dont give a damn about my questions... sorry for the false hope yall hopefully they get a grip!

I'll tell you right now that it will fit. Here's how I know: RRC / RBC can be made to fit the k24z and its stock tb. Meanwhile, the RBC / RRC can bolt up to the k24a tsx tb (this mod has been done several times). Thus that means that you can make the k24a tb fit the k24z im, thus a bigger k24a tb would fit...BUT, since the IM on the z is plastic and, thus, you cannot trim it to fit a bigger tb opening, you'll need an rrc or an rbc or a supercharger.

I'll tell you right now that it will fit. Here's how I know: RRC / RBC can be made to fit the k24z and its stock tb. Meanwhile, the RBC / RRC can bolt up to the k24a tsx tb (this mod has been done several times). Thus that means that you can make the k24a tb fit the k24z im, thus a bigger k24a tb would fit...BUT, since the IM on the z is plastic and, thus, you cannot trim it to fit a bigger tb opening, you'll need an rrc or an rbc or a supercharger.
What's an rrc and a rbc?
It took me awhile to translate all of the acronyms. I think I got em all except those two. :dance1:

Intake manifold part codes RRC = im from the the fd2 (JDM Type-R civic) and RBC = im from FG2/FA5 (North American 8th generation Si)

Does the ZDX have a fitting for evap? I don't think you need it on the k24z7, right? lol, I don't have a picture of the k24z7 tb handy

it does have a fitting for the evap, and im not 100% sure for the k24z7 i own a fa5 so i cant speak for what is on the 9th gen

waste of money without tuning, plus i would go with an OEM tb over a skunk anyday of the week. you can get a brand new ZDX tb that is 78mm inlet and 70mm outlet for HALF the price of the skunk, and it will actually work.
I think the J35 TB is a direct bolt on compared to the ZDX/Skunk2 TB. It is also about half the price of the ZDX TB and is 2mm smaller than the Skunk2 TB (68mm vs 70mm).

j35 is a direct bolt on to the rrc/rbc, yes. But, if you're trying to make the most power, you'd want a bigger throttle body. And, to that end, the zdx is the way to go.

i've heard the rrc/rbc is not a direct bolt on to the 9th however, just need to drill some different holes.... might just wait for a direct bolt on????

Back