So it starts. thatSIguy build

That's a good list!
What brand exhaust and what kind of suspension?

That's a good list!
What brand exhaust and what kind of suspension?
I'm doing my research on those for now. I have never cheaped out on suspension. Due to the fact that in the future, if I want dabble with some forced induction, all that money will go to waste if I sit there and literally watch my $4k investment make one big *** smoke cloud because I decided to take the cheap way out rather than the right way.

Just ordered: 35w 8k hid kit, lamin-x tint headlight covers, yellow fog light overlays, JDM Honda steering wheel badge, titanium grey tow hook from yospeed, and 2 rolls of carbon fiber wrap (12"x60")

Just ordered: 35w 8k hid kit, lamin-x tint headlight covers, yellow fog light overlays, JDM Honda steering wheel badge, titanium grey tow hook from yospeed, and 2 rolls of carbon fiber wrap (12"x60")

Nice. That's a good batch of mods to keep one busy. We'll need pics when you're done.

Always. Like I said at the top, I am a huge do it yourselfer. I don't think I've done too bad considering Ive owned the Si for less than a month. I honestly feel like I'm 18 again except I make a boatload more money now.:woot:

really nice build thread you have going... keep it up :thumb:

20130703_182010.jpg 20130703_181645.jpg
Came out effing horrible :mad:. Anyone have any insight if using a real heat gun would work better that using the Mrs' Hair dryer

agreed...where are the problem areas? Looks good!

agreed...where are the problem areas? Looks good!
A lot of creases at the top of the handle. I had to stretch the vinyl pretty quickly because it would lose the heat pretty quickly, and become less flexible.

20130706_160940.jpg20130706_160721.jpg 20130706_160752.jpg
7/6/2013
-Lumin-x Smoke Overlays
-Yellow Fog Overlays
-JDM Wheel badge overlay
-i-VTEC decal removed

View attachment 22833 View attachment 22832
Came out effing horrible :mad:. Anyone have any insight if using a real heat gun would work better that using the Mrs' Hair dryer

I did this a bunch of times. No matter how much I tried I never got it perfect. It would look great when I did it. I would install and then the heat of the day would cause it to expand and shrink and then it would look like crap. I tried hear guns, adhesion promoter, super glue, nothing worked. I hope someone else has some insight.

Lookin good! I gotta get myself some of those overlays, i bet they come out better than spray-on tint. I love that blacked-out goodness!

Back