So you'd expect your $10,000 wheels to be strong, right? COR Fail.

To all our valued members, we would certainly like to address this matter in greater detail, as all stories have 2 sides and a greater portion of the story was left out. Unfortunately, since this is a pending legal matter, our counsel has asked that we not discuss this matter with anyone, much less in a public forum. We hope you understand and can respect this. Suffice it to say, this disgruntled client has elected to try and tarnish our image that has been built over many years of providing a high quality product and outstanding service.

We would be more than happy to entertain any questions concerning our product, fitments, and warranty however we would ask that it be done via PM, as anything directly related to this posting is not something we can/should address at this moment in time.

Please tell me what justifies these being $2500 per wheel?

You could have a serious set of bbs race wheels made for half of that exceed tuv approval. I can't see why the outrageous price and for that money they should come painted , coated, polished or powder coated to your spec...huge fail

You could have a serious set of bbs race wheels made for half of that exceed tuv approval. I can't see why the outrageous price and for that money they should come painted , coated, polished or powder coated to your spec...huge fail
Unfortunately companies like ADV1 and COR are charging ridiculous amounts of money. I'll take Fikse, BBS mag , volk, enkei or HRE any day.

good, I'm glad they're done. I can't believe they tried to wiggle out of their warranty. They'd still have a chance at staying in business if they just said it mustve been a freak thing, sorry, heres new wheels and money for the car.

but nope. They must know their wheels suck. So they just said F it and whatever. They made their money. Its amazing what people will pay when they see a fancy website and well written descriptions.

Statement From COR Wheels

Statement From COR Wheels
October 24, 2012 by COR Staff
Due to some unfortunate circumstances regarding a set of COR forged wheels, we feel that it is necessary to publicly address the situation and reiterate our company’s commitment to quality and customer service that has helped us build a strong reputation within the industry.
We are sure that many of you feel this response is long overdue, but given the sensitive nature and legalities involved, we had no alternative but to proceed with care, so as not to inflame an already volatile situation. Until this time, we have had nothing but excellent feedback and reviews from our clients concerning our products and service. In relation to the number of wheels that we have produced, our warranty adjustments have been less than one tenth of one-percent, which is a superb standard for any manufactured product. This is due in no small part to our commitment to building long lasting relationships with our distributors and returning customer base whose support is well recognized and very much appreciated.
The isolated incident that occurred with one of our clients was very unfortunate and unforeseeable, and we are thankful that there were no injuries. The product involved was designed, developed and third-party tested to ensure its integrity, strength, and reliability. The safety of our customers is extremely important to us, and is not a matter taken lightly by any member of our organization.
It is customary–and our preference–to service our customers directly. The client elected to bypass our resolution process by communicating with us through third parties (specifically an attorney). We sincerely hope that those following this series of events can appreciate that we had no other option than to turn this matter over to our product liability carrier, which exists specifically to address situations such as this. To be clear, the claim for warranty denied on the published letter was a response to the client’s attorney’s demand letter, and not COR Wheels refusing to stand behind its product. Prior to the involvement of legal counsel, the client was offered a full refund, regardless of any specific warranty considerations. We would like to clarify that the revisions made to our warranty were a direct result of the client’s attorney’s assertion that our terminology was vague. This does not speak of the safety and appropriateness of the product, which we feel is 100-percent safe for use on or off the track, but rather to the applicability of our warranty. With this revision, our warranty policy is more in-line with industry norms, which even at the OEM level precludes the use in a track environment.
As a final thought, we at COR wheels want to reiterate our commitment to the performance aftermarket and help further everyone’s understanding of the process and technology behind automotive wheels. We have a standing invitation for any interested party or any member of the media to visit our headquarters in Florida, tour our facilities, and meet the individuals responsible for designing, creating, and manufacturing the products that we are so very proud to offer. We sincerely hope that you will avail yourselves of this offer so that you may observe first-hand, our manufacturing and quality control process and the effort that goes into each and every product that leaves our facility.
Sincerely,
Christopher Robles & Robert Herrera
Founders & Owners
COR International, LLC
2799 NW 82nd Avenue

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

• Members
NAGTROC Newbie
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7 posts
My intentions were and still are just to share my experience with this situation. However, with the release of COR’s latest public statement, I am compelled to respond. In addition to not accepting any responsibility, the notion that COR somehow feels victimized and unfairly treated by its customer is unacceptable. It is clear that their press release is primarily for damage control. Here are my responses to some of the “facts” made in their press release.

1. “The client elected to bypass our resolution process by communicating with us through third parties (specifically an attorney).”

It should not make a difference whether the communication was through the customer or the customer’s representative. The outcome should have been no different. Secondly, there was no “resolution process.” The fact is COR was shipped the wheels via Peter at ACG, and then they denied the warranty.

As previously mentioned in my initial post, Peter from ACG reached out to me the very next day following the HDPE, which we really appreciated. Peter mentioned that he had already spoken with COR. Please note, this was before we took any action. Based upon a few more conversations my father had with Peter, he [Peter] gave us the indication (from conversations he had with COR), that the warranty would not be honored. As a result, my father told Peter that his attorney would take over from there. 1 month after the wheel failure and with no word from COR, my father’s attorney sent them a letter. The letter itemized the damages, requested to be reimbursed, and asked…”How you wish to proceed…”

2. “We sincerely hope that those following this series of events can appreciate that we had no other option than to turn this matter over to a product liability carrier.”

Although we appreciate that COR submitted our warranty claim to their liability carrier, the mention of having “no other option” is another form of damage control. COR could have handled the warranty claim swiftly and easily, but elected not to. In fact, it was just this past week that COR’s liability carrier contacted our attorney, 5 months after the incident.

3. “The claim for warranty denied on the published letter was a response to the client’s attorney’s demand letter, and not COR Wheels refusing to stand behind its product.”

Refusing to stand behind their product is simply what COR had done. There is nothing more to it than that. Please re-read COR’s denial of warranty posted in my original post…”the product was clearly not being used in the manner for which it was intended”…“On this basis, we would have to deny the claim for warranty consideration.”

4.“Prior to the involvement of legal counsel, the client was offered a full refund, regardless of any specific warranty considerations.”

This is an untrue statement and it exposes COR’s true character. COR has never offered us a refund of any kind. COR also does not specify after this statement, if the offer was either accepted or denied. This shows that the statement is false. I invite COR to promptly post verifiable, dated documentation of the alleged offer made to us, as this would be our first time reviewing it as well.

5. “We would like to clarify that the revisions made to our warranty are a direct result of the client’s attorney’s assertion that our terminology was vague.”

Here, COR is stating that the only reason for their change in warranty on their website was solely based on our attorney’s terminology. This doesn’t change the fact that when the wheel broke, COR’s warranty was different than the “updated” one. I do want to point out that COR points blame to our attorney multiple times in their release as an excuse for their actions.

6. “This does not speak of the safety and appropriateness of the product, which we feel 100-percent for use on and off the track…”

I am confused. If you have 100% confidence in your product, then there should be no reason to deny warranty.

More than once, we have asked for the return of our wheels to consider performing our own 3rd party analysis to learn more about what really happened. After four months of having our wheels, COR has not responded to this request, or provided any response period. I publicly ask COR to return our wheels, along with the verifiable, dated documentation of the said refund that we were offered.

To all those who have questioned whether the wheels were powder coated, disassembled or improperly painted. As COR knows by now through their examination of the wheels, the wheels were not powder coated, were not disassembled, but professionally taped, primed and painted using quality automotive paint. By the way the shop was flattered to hear that everyone thought that the wheels were disassembled prior to painting.

In closing, you can all come up with your own conclusions on how COR has handled this situation from day one. My intent is to only state the facts and to inform fellow car enthusiasts of potential concerns through my experience.
Edited by Tay, Today, 01:15 AM.

Pass the popcorn...

The 2nd message is asking for refund proof..
Cor could say they did it by phone (and have no "proof").

Cor never mentions what they wanted in damages. They claim the lawyer asked for money:
The letter itemized the damages, requested to be reimbursed, and asked…”How you wish to proceed…”

I'm guessing if the guy asked for 20k in "damages", Cor would bring that up ...which they don't.

If they've really asked for the wheel back without response and the other stuff brought up...they're just digging a bigger hole.

The owner also isn't showing the original letter from the lawyer with the demands in.

But still. COR have the persons wheels, and they are ignoring requests to have them returned to the owner... that's currently the most shady part for me, let alone the other stuff flying around. lol

They've probably thrown the wheels around the place a few times...defaced them. Thrown them outside..then ditched them

Back