Sorry guys. I have defected.

hotshot

It's been a fun run. But I ran across one on of my "attainable dream cars" for a ridiculous deal and I couldn't pass it up
maheqeje.jpg

Glad you have what you want. If you don't mind, for the sake of us(me) that don't know what that car is, and what are the things you like about it. Or at least the name so I can look it up. Thx
Hate to lose you but I do understand the need to go to a forum of like models.

Its a 2013 GTI Autobahn. What do I like about it? I love hatches, I love turbos. VWs are very well put together, and it seems a bit more refined (but it is $27k out of the box).

I got it to spite my boss too. He's also had a long love affair with GTIs and kept telling everyone he was going to get one a few months ago. He got to the dealership and caved for a golf

I'll still be around, I'm just lettin everyone one know how stoked I am!

Cool man. Stop back and make us a build thread for it. Would be neat to see what you end up doing to that car. Sometimes great ideas come from other places. Who knows what we might be able to adapt from some fresh perspectives.

What did you end up doing with your civic?

nice pick up... I'm sure that'll be a fun ride

nice man. that gti would look mint with some simple mods. any plans for it?

APR will be in town during Southern Worthersee in May (for those that don't know, it's the biggest Volkswagen Group car show in the US.), and they'll be reflashing cars at cost, no labor. The reflash gives you about 50hp/60tq. Other than that, in piecing together an air ride system while I decide on wheels. I'm not in a hurry though, enjoying the nice smooth stock ride for now!

Cool man. Stop back and make us a build thread for it. Would be neat to see what you end up doing to that car. Sometimes great ideas come from other places. Who knows what we might be able to adapt from some fresh perspectives.

What did you end up doing with your civic?
I'll make a build thread!

I traded the civic to VW, and I didn't really lose my *** on the trade because I was taking my tax refund checks and paying down the loan with them. The car only has 8k miles on it, so it's still under the factory warranty, plus being certified used they add 24k miles to it.

What was your trade and what did they give you for it?? I'm trying to keep tabs as a 2015 WRX has me tempted.
A 2012 SI. I Only owed 15k and they gave me 14.9. May be a little different where you live.

Nice pick up, I used to own a Vw but switched to my Honda. They can be great cars, and decently quick with bolt ons and a tune. I'll be going to SOWO this year hopefully.

Congratulations on the new ride, and I'm glad you're sticking around! Can't wait to see more pics and the build thread!

Back