Speaker Issues?

omg_racing

Chapel Hill, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
coupe
I have a non-si Civic coupe that I got back in August. When I drove it off the lot the front passenger speaker was starting to go and has now blown. Now one of the rear speakers is sounding blown too.

The dealership seems to be ok with fixing it (we'll see when I go in) but I was wondering if others have had this issue.

I do like bass and loud music but I feel like I've been babying the sound system since it started off with one speaker on the way out. I have a hard time believing that I've overtaxed the speakers.

haven't seen anyone post about having this issue.. Do you have the EX or above model with the 360 watt stereo?

It's just an EX. I did a search before I posted and didn't find anything either. Maybe I'm just rocking out too hard for my tiny car to handle.

It's just an EX. I did a search before I posted and didn't find anything either. Maybe I'm just rocking out too hard for my tiny car to handle.

What number does yours show on the volume normally when your listening, but I'll need to know if you have the 360 watt as webby mentioned.
Do you have your window price list somewhere, it should say which unit you have.

the ex coupe has the premium sound system. You said you had one one going out initially, so I don't think it's you. I test drove an 8th gen si and the front passenger door speaker was blown... car had 4 miles on it.

OK. So saying you have a 360 watt(same as me).

When I play mine normally for me it's 12 to16 Volume. Loud isn't any more than 20, if this helps.

You may get some more ppl coming on here with some different numbers..... Which should help you in knowing what it should take vs's what you're doing.

I'm guessing my volume #'s are low compaired to most.

I would say that 12-16 is about where I am too. It's a small car, I don't need it too loud to hear it.

Instead of saying "JDM as fu3k" like all the cool kids say my friend's and I say, "MOPAR as fu3k" when we mean that something is crappy. :)

Update: The dealer says that the speakers just buzz like that. I find that hard to believe because it's isolated to only 2 of my speakers.

Also, they checked them by running the diagnostic and didn't even turn on the stereo at any point.

Update: The dealer says that the speakers just buzz like that. I find that hard to believe because it's isolated to only 2 of my speakers.

Also, they checked them by running the diagnostic and didn't even turn on the stereo at any point.

Ask for the manager, THIS ^^^^^^^ is pure, unadulterated B.S. !!!!!

1st they just don't buzz unless somethings wrong with them....... I don't know what it is when it comes to respect for tech/mech knowledge when women are the customers......... And I would use that when you go back.... They do not want that in the news.........

You can purchase replacements cheap from CHH, but that's not the point. If it is an issue that's covered under warranty, why are they balking? When I worked at a dealership, any 'warranty' work was welcomed, as it pays MORE than what a customer pays out of pocket for the same repair. ( labor rate for warranty work is higher )

For what its worth I play my volume at anywhere from 30-35 out of 40 and haven't had any of these issues. I think they just need to replace the speakers.

Thank you for that data. I DO tend to listen to my music loud but since this has been a issue since I drove it off the lot I've been babying the speakers. (Sort of hinders my enjoyment of the car...but whatever.) So I've been listening to things in the low range. I've got the bass down too. :(

When the guy checking me out told me the above explanation he said, "When you get above a certain volume it just buzzes." and I countered, "Like...14?" and he nodded and smiled at me. I'd cued my song to a very *ahem* notable part of a song before I powered off on purpose and when I turned it back on it didn't miss a beat proving that they didn't even listen to it.

They've sent me a feedback survey that I plan to fill out honestly. We'll see what that gets me. It's still under warranty and this was one of my "free" service visits so I'm loathe to take it somewhere else.

1st they just don't buzz unless somethings wrong with them....... I don't know what it is when it comes to respect for tech/mech knowledge when women are the customers......... And I would use that when you go back.... They do not want that in the news.........

Yeah that gets old really fast. At least they didn't explain to me why I needed an oil change again.

Back