squeaks rattles and cheapness

scootin'civic

I am experiencing some minor annoyances with my 2012 si sedan. Let me know if you are having the same or any other annoyances.

1: drivers door outter sheet metal rattles when speakers are turned up. I think its actually the plastic trim at the lower outter edge of the glass vibrating against the door

2: rear panel which holds the back speakers and sub woofer rattles when the bass is up.

Now to cheapness

1: the door panel on the drivers side doesn't seem to have much fastening it to the door towards the handle section, I can pull on the door to close it and the whole center of the panel bows out significantly when i do so, especially does it much worse when its hot outside.

Anything else going on out there?

I have some rattling not sure what tho radio off and I'm accelerating sounds like its coming from under the body

No such experience with my Si Sedan, although I only have less than 700 miles on mine so far.

I have some rattling not sure what tho radio off and I'm accelerating sounds like its coming from under the body

If yours is a manual trans, it might just be the trans rattling if youre accelerating from a very low speed in a higher gear like 10mph in 3rd or maybe even second. That is normal if it goes away when the engine rpms are up a little higher.

The squeaks and rattles already have me seriously thinking about selling this car. If I wanted a rattling glovebox, I could've kept my 11 year old Maxima. I love my 2012 Si as far as the engine and driveability but the interior cheapness is starting to get to me.

have you taken the car to the dealership to have them investigate the issues?

I need to find a different dealer. The current one has the policy of shooting down pretty much every complaint I make.

That sucks! :bleh:

My local Honda dealer is the best. They have always accommodated me, and never just slough me off because they can't be bothered. Unfortunately, unless there is another dealer (or two) nearby, then you're pretty much screwed.

I hope you can find a decent dealer. :sadwavey:

Back