start up noises...... yeah I changed the title

Word3k

manchester, nh
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Ever since my first oil change when I look at the maintenance screen there's always a letter. Either A, A1, B, or B1. everytime I ask about it honda says it's nothing. I thought that should only appear when I need a oil change or if something isn't working right. Does anyone know if this is normal? I can post a pick later if you want to see what in talking about.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but each letter/number combination should be in the manual. It'll tell you what it is. The last time it was in for service did they reset it properly?

Yeah it's in the manual, I just don't get why they don't reset it. I've said make sure they reset it, they say OK and I still see the codes. I'll make a trip tomorrow.

Yeah it's in the manual, I just don't get why they don't reset it. I've said make sure they reset it, they say OK and I still see the codes. I'll make a trip tomorrow.

It shows how to reset it in the manual, if I could copy/paste I'd put here.... But...........
As far as having them do it, it's like trying to get another basket of chip's at a restaurant, some do it, some forget.

I found it, I just figured since my rocker arm broke at 3300 miles they'd be going by the book on everything with my car. Soon enough the type r will be here, and everything will be awesome.

I didn't want to start a new thred. So when I start up the car after its been parked overnight, I hear this sound, its similar to when you have a small leak in your power stearing, or maybe like your water pump wasn't done right when it was replaced. It goes away when the car has warmed up, but goes away when I push the clutch pedal in. When I release the clutch, I'm parked during this BTW, the sound comes back after a few seconds. The sound starts when the engine starts to go down in revs while it's warming up. I'm bringing it to Honda tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had an idea of what this could be. None of my old used hondas ever did this. I hope it's not related to them replacing the rocker arm when it broke. Also they replaced more than the rocker arm. When they did that I got the car, turned it on, and went right back into the shop. I said it sounds like a diesel engine. They said it has to break in, of course I said thats bs and I think you need to tune the valve tran cause that's what a honda sounds like when it's needed. They did and drove around with it hooked up to a laptop for about 2 hours and got it fixed. If anyone thinks this could be related I'd like as much info as you got. This car is making me not like hondas anymore, which I thought ID never think. I should of bought an older type r

Back