Steering response.

eric.schwartz.

so just out of curiosity I know that there have been consistent reviews about the 2013 2014 2015 Civic Si having sporty steering but lacking a little and response and feedback. Has anyone tried to tighten the staring up or improve the vagueness of the steering? I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure if it's possible at all. Any feedback would be appreciated thank you.

It has electronic steering.

"For 2014 the Honda Civic LX Coupe and Si models receive upgraded suspension tuning to enhance steering response and roll feel. In 2013 the Civic lineup benefitted from substantial changes to enhance handling refinement and noise isolation. These included a reworked Electronic Power Steering (EPS), suspension spring changes and thicker stabilizer bars with new Teflon-lined mounting bushings."

It has electronic steering.

"For 2014 the Honda Civic LX Coupe and Si models receive upgraded suspension tuning to enhance steering response and roll feel. In 2013 the Civic lineup benefitted from substantial changes to enhance handling refinement and noise isolation. These included a reworked Electronic Power Steering (EPS), suspension spring changes and thicker stabilizer bars with new Teflon-lined mounting bushings."
So does that mean it'll always have the lovely steering response. I mean overall, the sporty steering is fine, but I just had to ask the question.

your suspension setup would affect it some, but you can't tighten the steering if that's what you're asking. Everyone says adding a thicker rear sway bar drastically helps the way the car handles.

I felt a more firm change in the steering when I installed the BC Coilovers. This is due to the change in the center of gravity and the way the car body rolls. Now if I just sit and turn the steering wheel, it doesnt feel much different.

Tires. They will effect the feel of the car more than anything else. However, that doesn't mean the feedback you are going to feel in the steering wheel is going to be any different.

I did find that replacing the compliance bushing the the front lower control arm changed the feel of the steering dramatically on my 8th gen. However, I have not seen any "traction ball" type of part for the 9th gen yet. I haven't really looked either but haven't noticed any from just browsing.

Well, I will definitely have to keep that in mind that is for sure. Turn on the car handles fine don't get me wrong I don't need a thicker rear sway bar or anything I was just curious.

Back